Silverspot Cinema is looking for a passionate, intrinsically motivated General Manager with a drive in business acumen and exceptional guest service. This position is responsible for efficiently and profitably operating the Silverspot Cinema Flagship location. This position will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Silverspot Cinema is a customer-centric company specializing in sophisticated cinemas offering an enhanced, hassle-free entertainment experience in a boutique environment. In addition to traditional Hollywood fare, Silverspot offers independent films, award-winning foreign films and a cultural arts program featuring operas, ballets, live theatre, and concerts.
Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary. Full-time management associates are eligible for company sponsored benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance for employee only. Our associates also enjoy vacation and personal/sick time when meeting eligibility requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
· Provide clear and consistent direction to management and supervisory staff as need to ensure operational excellence is consistent.
· Monitor daily activities to ensure quality of food and cleanliness standards.
· Operating the business in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
· Preform daily opening, mid and closing operations duties.
· Cash handling and inventory.
· Complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required.
· Meet the P&L, and expense goals annually.
· Assist as necessary with the preparation and follow through of special and private events.
· Mechanically inclined overseeing all repairs and maintenance of the facility.
· Oversee projections process and work with IT to ensure that managers are properly trained on equipment.
· Assist film booker, website management and social media teams to ensure content and schedules are correct
· Oversee proper staff appearance, behavior and demeanor.
· Approve all new hire recruitment and adjust labor allocation as needed.
· Manage and oversee the scheduling of managers, FOH and BOH schedules.
· Stay abreast on all social media reports for their respective location in collaboration with corporate social media manager and handle accordingly.
· In partnership with the HR Partner, oversee the direction and discipline of all staff members.
· Coach/Mentor and train new members of the management team.
· In partnership with the corporate marketing team assist with marketing promotions and programs.
· Ensure labor law compliance, including the posting of federal and state notices.
· Enforce the no solicitation policy and other company policies in effect.
· Oversee the training program for all non-exempt employees.
· Maintain all operating systems and their forms for the cinema.
· Oversee the organization, zoning, cleanliness and sanitation of dine-in cinema.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a general manager or senior level management experience in a full-service restaurant, food and beverage and hospitality industry.
- College degree is a plus and preferred.
- Serve Safe Manager Certification, or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and front of the house personnel and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment, while still delivering on our promises to our guests, ensuring a team focused environment
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position
Silverspot Cinema is an Equal Opportunity Employer