Silverspot Cinema is looking for a passionate Assistant Restaurant Manager with a drive in business acumen and exceptional guest service. You will be responsible for setting the tone for guest service during each shift and you know that your team’s energy directly impacts everyone who walks through the front door. This position will report to the General Manager.
Silverspot Cinema is a customer-centric company specializing in sophisticated cinemas offering an enhanced, hassle-free entertainment experience in a boutique environment. In addition to traditional Hollywood fare, Silverspot offers independent films, award-winning foreign films and a cultural arts program featuring operas, ballets, live theatre, and concerts.
Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary. Full-time management associates are eligible for company sponsored benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance for employee only. Our associates also enjoy vacation and personal/sick time when meeting eligibility requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
· Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for the assigned work group departments.
· Directly responsible for cash accountability and controls.
· Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
· Prepare shift schedules
· Help gather data for payroll processing of staff
· Assist with recruiting, interviews, and selecting candidates with requisite skills to fulfill responsibilities and achieve company metrics.
· Arrange for new employees’ proper onboarding (scheduling trainings and ordering uniforms)
· Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations
· Assist with floor coverage to support the team in providing an excellent guest experience and act as a role model for company’s “floor ready” expectations in terms of dress code, and behaviors.
· Be strategic in anticipating inventory levels and stock organization.
· Manage controllable expense for the cinema within budget.
· Maintain thorough understanding of all policies, procedures and processes. Ensure team adherence to company standard operating procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 2 years Restaurant Management experience. Knowledge of films and cinema is a plus and preferred.
· College degree is a plus and preferred.
· Serve Safe Manager Certification, or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and front of the house personnel and guests.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
· Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment, while still delivering on our promises to our guests, ensuring a team focused environment
· Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position
Silverspot Cinema is an Equal Opportunity Employer