Sr. Business Analyst
- Expired: May 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE: SI) is the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry. The Companys real-time payments platform, known as the Silvergate Exchange Network, is at the heart of its customer-centric suite of payments, lending and funding solutions serving an expanding class of digital currency companies and investors around the world. Silvergate is enabling the rapid growth of digital currency markets and reshaping global commerce for a digital currency future. Challenging convention by empowering people allows us to exceed expectations for our clients while cultivating an awesome culture.
The Senior Business Analyst will report to the Business Analysis and Testing Manager and will work closely with management from various operational teams to implement process improvement supporting approved strategic change initiatives. The Senior Business Analyst will collaborate with business team leads and leverage prior experience with business analysis activities in the financial services industry to drive continuous improvement in process efficiency related to business transition activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to identify and document business needs by eliciting, defining, verifying, and validating requirements to propose and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office to ensure project timeliness and provide project deliverables.
- Use applicable methods depending on project need such as Agile or Waterfall to write requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria or develop business requirement documents.
- Has a good grasp of functional and technical specification documents.
- Identify areas for process improvement and help streamline to increase department efficiency.
- Partner and mentor other analysts to collaborate on team dependencies and build the Business Analysis Center of Excellence.
- Support and be responsible for product backlog development, user story development and overall product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Support and conduct User Acceptance Testing of system enhancements and new applications.
- Support configuration of system enhancements and new applications.
- Leverage prior experience in financial services to make best practice recommendations related to business process.
- Maintain knowledge of currently deployed bank systems and integrations along with business unit utilization of given systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Companys policies and procedures.
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice.
- Must adhere to the companys core values of Challenge Convention, Do Whats Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our Why? front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities.
- Ability to align business processes and strategy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of responsibility as a business analyst.
- 3+ years in financial services.
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include and in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the banking industry. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of strategic and operational planning, personnel administration, federal, state, and local laws, financial and cost analysis.
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, testing, installation, evaluation, and operational management.
- Technical certifications related to CBAP, CCBA, CSPO, CSM, or Lean Six Sigma a plus.
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Companys customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Remote work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
- Occasionally required to stand; walk
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Silvergate