Client Service Specialist II (Thu - Mon 8:00am-5:00pm PST)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE: SI) is the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry. The Company’s real-time payments platform, known as the Silvergate Exchange Network, is at the heart of its customer-centric suite of payments, lending and funding solutions serving an expanding class of digital currency companies and investors around the world. Silvergate is enabling the rapid growth of digital currency markets and reshaping global commerce for a digital currency future. Challenging convention by empowering people allows us to exceed expectations for our clients while cultivating an awesome culture.
The Client Service Specialist II (CSS) is responsible for assisting in the retention and expansion of existing client relationships through the provision of superior client service. The Client Service Specialist is responsible for creating value for our clients by providing personal and friendly service and by being available and responding in an effective and timely manner. This position is responsible for being a product knowledge expert for our clients and resolving any problems quickly and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure appropriate operating policies and procedures are executed
- Maintain knowledge of all documentation required to open a business account, including auxiliary products that customers may require such as ACH origination, Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN), FX services, etc.
- Answer high volume of calls, emails, and live chats
- Maintain knowledge of wire transfer processes and procedures, both domestic and foreign
- Investigate and clarify client requests, research and explore alternative solutions to ensure successful resolution, appropriately close and disposition interactions
- Maintain or exceed established standards for client service, and resolve issues; escalate complex issues as necessary
- Apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet client needs
- Ensure optimum productivity and accuracy in regard to client transactions
- Ensure prompt and appropriate error resolution
- Resolve client complaints promptly and appropriately
- Ensure problem resolution balances client service and risk management
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s products and services
- Meet deadlines
- Manages workload in a productive manner
- General risk management
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice.
- Communicates all client service-related issues/problems to management immediately.
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Must adhere to the company’s core values of Challenge Convention, Do What’s Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our “Why?” front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities
- Manage internal controls to ensure passing audit controls
- Minimize controllable losses through compliance to policy and procedure
- Comply with the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures as applicable to the job function
- Required to work a 40-hour week including Federal Holidays.
- May be required to serve in an on-call capacity to respond to an unforeseen circumstance or emergency and, if such circumstance arises, to report to work after the end of the employees’ regular shift and before the beginning of their next scheduled shift. This may include overnight weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least 1+ years of banking experience, commercial banking preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills – personal, friendly, warm, caring
- Ability to listen carefully and take notes
- Positive attitude and willingness to serve others
- Strong attention to details
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and enterprise software systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company’s customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Remote work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
- Occasionally required to stand; walk
- Occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Silvergate