Who we are
We are an industry-leading union contractor providing a full spectrum of demolition and excavation services to private developers, general contractors, industrial and public works clients throughout the west coast. Our scope of expertise includes every conceivable type of project including building demolition, selective demolition, industrial, marine, transportation, bridge removal, remediation, complete site decommissioning, plant closure, asset recovery and recycling, excavation and site preparation. Notable past projects include the removal of the Bay Bridge, Candlestick Park, and the 6th Street Viaduct in Los Angeles. Please see our website at www.silveradocontractors.com.
What we are looking for
The primary focus of this position is to provide administrative support from the beginning of the project (bidding/estimating process) through the end of the project. The Estimating/Project Administrator will perform a wide variety of tasks creating, maintaining and distributing department documentation. Previous experience working with a Subcontractor and/or General Contractor in a similar capacity is preferred.
- Provide administrative support to the estimating department.
- Prepare bid worksheets and proposal forms,
- Assist in the preparation of project estimates, requests for proposals and budgets, outreach to subcontractors, project specific and general prequalification questionnaires. Procure bid bonds as needed.
- Use company system to establish new project set up including but not limited to project and client information, schedule of values, subcontractors log, billing and change orders log, budgets and Projections.
- Prepare preliminary lien notice to the Owner.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain contract documents including but not limited to insurance, signed contract and subcontracts, executed change orders, Time and materials (T&M) worksheets, recycling tags, etc.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional service-related to billing.
- Follow-up with PM to ensure information is returned in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely billing to clients, lump sum and/or T&M, including all applicable contract documents.
- Perform other duties as required to support the Accounting Department and follow company’s established accounting procedures.
- Prepare closeout binders for the client. Proactively pursues required documents from subcontractors.
- Other various tasks and activities that are needed or assigned by Estimators and Project Management team.
- Strong communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of the construction industry, regulatory compliance and technology.
- Computer skills using Adobe, Outlook, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Project, as well as estimating and takeoff software.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and key priorities under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to network with coworkers and fit company’s culture.
- Some college, 4-year degree or equivalent experience preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Unmatched company culture.
- A company that invests in it's employees development.
- Very competitive compensation - commensurate with experience and a rich benefits package including company-paid health, dental and vision plans, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance and 401(k) plan with employer match and profit sharing.
Local candidates encouraged to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact.