Senior HR Advisor
We are looking for a part-time Senior Human Resources Advisor to support the Military Health System (MHS), Chief Human Capital Office (CHCO), assigned to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs (OASD(HA)), Health Services Policy and Oversight (HSP&O). CHCO’s Mission is to facilitate human capital policies, initiatives, and solutions, in order to build and maintain well qualified health care professionals for the MHS. You will utilize your Federal HR experience to play a key role in supporting and advising the Chief Officer with achieving the Office’s strategic objectives.
The candidate we are looking for must have these core competencies to be successful in this role: In depth knowledge of DoD and Federal human capital policies, specifically related to the Military Health System; working knowledge of the entire human capital lifecycle; excellent multi tasker; flexible in their schedule to respond to last minute, short suspense assignments; the ability to work on multiple assignments and teams concurrently; accomplish results while working through others; expert project management skills, and be able to conduct in-depth data analysis to develop reports, briefs, and legislative proposals for senior leaders.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Support the Chief Human Capital Officer in carrying out tasks and responsibilities by bringing a wide variety of primarily civilian human resources skills and knowledge to assist CHCO in resolving complex and far-reaching HR issues.
- Propose various projects and efforts that will further the MHS’s strategic goal of recruiting, retaining, and compensating healthcare professionals. Some may be first-of-its kind or otherwise unique. This requires a thorough knowledge of civilian human resources laws, rules, regulations and past practices as well as the ability to know how proposed project(s) will affect and fit into MHS and DoD strategic HR goals and objectives.
- Develops responses for the CHCO to answer requests for information from members of congress, congressional committees, Department of Defense Health Affairs senior leadership, military department leadership. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM), and the Government Accountability Office. Issues vary widely, calling upon the incumbent to use extensive experience and primarily civilian HR knowledge to answer the issues at hand.
- Is responsible for writing annual reports to Congress such as the use of Title 38 compensation authorities. Must be able to develop parameters of queries to POC who gathers civilian data from the DoD data base. Incorporates new data into the report and notes/analyzes trends. Must be able to work with the Military Departments and the Defense Health Agency to identify possible new authorities and legislation.
- Writes information papers and briefing notes for the CHCO such as overview of Direct Hire Authority and Transfers of Function. Develop/revise various briefing documents for the CHCO such as career development opportunities for Registered Nurses, and “HR 101” briefing for new supervisors.
- Serve as action officer on various CHCO assignments. These include such things as asking for volunteers to serve on defense competency assessment teams, gathering input from the military departments and DHA in order to respond to GAO studies and findings and assisting the CHCO to respond to tasking/due-outs that may be in current or past National Defense Authorization Acts.
- Recent federal HR experience at the senior (GS-13-15 or equivalent) level
- At least five years of specialized experience in compensation/classification, recruitment and retention and incentives with emphasis on civilian personnel issues.
- At least 5 years consulting experience dealing with complex and interconnecting civilian and military human resources issues.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret civilian and military human capital data to support recommendations and policies for the Military Health System and the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs.
- Expert proficiency in oral and written communication, sufficient to explain complex military and civilian human resources concepts and policies.
Ability to write well-reasoned documents, intended for high level internal and external senior leadership.
Get fresh Senior HR Advisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.