Director of Development
- Posted: over a month ago
- To deliver service in alignment with our Service Commitments:
- I will earn respect and build trust by acting with integrity in every situation.
- I will understand my role in supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
- I will focus on people over products and build lasting relationships.
- I will take ownership and accept responsibility.
- I will treat my coworkers with the same high standards as I treat my member.
- I will continuously look for ways to improve myself, my credit union, and my community.
- I will accept there is no "they". We are one working toward the same mission.
- I will commit to the core values.
- Meet all established service goals.
The Silver State Schools CU People Over Profit (POP) Foundation, Director of Development is responsible for managing and coordinating the POP Charitable Foundation (Foundation) and the credit union's social responsibility activities. The role of the position is the management of day-to-day activities of the Foundation including existing and prospective donor engagement and management; gift reporting; records management; donor solicitation, grant writing, and Foundation special event management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and administers the functions of the Foundation, including projects, events, and communications management.
- Seeking, writing, and management of grants for the POP Foundation and the Credit Union overall.
- Directs and executes the Foundation's new and ongoing charitable activities and special events. Negotiates vendor contracts related to these events and activities.
- Develop fundraising and grant writing strategies, goals and tracking thereof, in collaboration with the POP Board of Directors.
- Develop annual timelines and calendars for fundraising and grant writing activities and events.
- Maintains records for prospective and existing donors, grant making organizations, and volunteers, and manages renewal campaigns.
- Strengthen relationships and connections between individuals, corporate partners/donors, other charitable organizations and the credit union by serving as the primary contact for all donations and charitable efforts.
- Serves as liaison for the Foundation, any Board or Officers, supporting members, the public and the Credit Union.
- Design and manage systems to track and report benchmarking information to monitor the growth and progress of the Foundation to meet mission and strategic goals.
- Participate in strategic planning to sustain and grow the Foundation.
- Develop, maintain, and recommend changes, at least annually, to the Foundation charter.
- Establish and maintain content on the Foundation's website/page and work with the CFO and the Marketing & Partnership Coordinator to publicize Foundation activities in news media and on social media.
- Knowledgeable on Foundation regulatory guidelines and ensure Foundation operates within all applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Performs such other duties as assigned or requested.
Five to ten years' experience in corporate fundraising, sponsorship, and grant writing within the non-profit industry required. Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, finance, non-profit management, or other related field preferred or proven equivalent experience. Candidate will have sales, previous fundraising, and grant writing experience, and an intrinsic motivation to positively expand the credit union's presence and brand in the community.
*ONLY FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED*
**SEE RESUME ON APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
SILVER STATE SCHOOLS CREDIT UNION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)
Silver State Schools Credit Union
AddressLas Vegas, NV
Non ProfitView all jobs at Silver State Schools Credit Union
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?