Job Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Department: Behavioral Health
Job Type: Full-time
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $64,000 / year, D.O.E.
Job Location: Las Vegas
Travel Required: possible, as needed
Reports to: Chief Clinical Officer, Clinical Director
Silver State Health Services (SSHS) serves a spectrum of mental health needs through various programs for populations of all ages. The care provided to our patients and clients is patient-centric and meets our commitment to delivering personalized care.This position has two major objectives: 1) to provide direct behavioral health services to patients, and 2) help shape and direct the integrated behavioral health services of the clinic in collaboration with other SSHS staff members. With the Medical Director, this position will be accountable for maintaining quality integrated behavioral health programs and meeting all regulatory, compliance, and funding source standards. The behavioral health clinician works in the team-based model of care.
Desired education or Certifications criteria:
· Bilingual (Spanish) strongly recommended
· Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
· Completed Master’s Degree in Social Work and holds licensure as a LCSW in the State of Nevada
· Maintains highest degree of confidentiality in donor, staff, client, fiscal and organizational matters; understands and meets HIPAA and other requirements.
· Remains up to date on best practices relevant to the position; enhances personal skills.
· Completes continuing education as required to retain licensure or certificates and cooperates with credentialing requirements and requests.
· Provides courteous and timely assistance to internal and external customers.
· Meets time and attendance requirements for the position and uses work hours productively and appropriately.
· Works with a socio-economic and ethnically diverse population and provides care for any gender, religion, creed, or sexual orientation.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and eClinicalWorks preferred.
· Interpersonal skills/ ability to compassionately interact with individuals of all different walks of life preferred.
· Must pass background check and drug test
· Follows procedures and policies in completing work and making decisions.
· Meets criminal background search clearance.
· Meets clinic health requirements to include annual flu vaccination, annual proof of negative TB test, MMR immunity, and Hepatitis B vaccination.
· May work at one and/or more SSHS clinic sites as requested.
· Have a valid Nevada Driver's License, auto insurance, and accept travel assignments on the job as directed by the program.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description:
Manages the care of patients in collaboration with other health professionals and members of the health care team in order to make decisions about treatment and attain health goals.
• Provides behavioral/mental health consultation, using individual, group, or family therapy modalities and develops mental health education materials.
• Works with the consulting Psychiatrist and Primary Care Providers collaboratively and within scope of practice regarding psychotropic medication management if applicable to licensure and privileges.
• Works with mental health service partners and collaborators and manages referrals to other clinicians (e.g., substance abuse treatment, specialty care and community resources).
• Maintains client records in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system sufficient to meet County, State, and Federal clinical documentation requirements, including Medicaid, MediCare, Managed Care plans and other funder requirements.
• May participate as a member/ facilitate the multi-disciplinary team meeting, which may include primary care providers, case managers, referral managers, back office managers, and community health outreach workers.
• Serves on the clinic team and provides professional inputs as requested for budget development, staffing, goals and objectives. Attends meetings as requested. Provides data and information sufficient to meet grant funders reporting requirements and deadlines. May be asked to identify funding, in-kind support needs and contribute to grant review as requested. May participate in donor recognition activities.
• Attends and contributes to department, team, and other clinical meetings.
• Works evenings and weekends as needed; attends community and Organization functions and events scheduled throughout the year
· Ensures compliance with HIPAA, OSHA & other regulatory agencies
EMR Responsibilities; when applicable:
· Verifies and ensures competency when utilizing EMR system
· Identifies and obtains information from EMR
· Utilizes EMR communication as needed
· Completes tasks as assigned
· Utilizes reports generated from EMR and EPM system; when applicable
· Identifies and reports documentation inaccuracies to supervisor
· Insures patient confidentiality
· Informs supervisor if inaccuracies are identified
· Follows all policies and procedures pertaining to EMR
· Exemplifies in daily behavior customer service standards of SSHS
· Returns patient calls, as needed, in a timely fashion
· Professional respectful communication with supervisor and co-workers
· Quality Management
· Constantly alert for ways to improve customer service, improve patient flow, increase
· productivity, and improve utilization of resources communicating ideas to supervisor
· Participates in quality management projects as requested
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
· Adheres to policy regarding incident forms and/or patient complaints
· Notifies supervisor of unusual occurrences or risk management issues
· Attends and actively participates in team and provider meetings
· Follows all SSHS policies and procedures
Benefits of full-time employment:
· Participation in group health insurance benefits
· $275 fixed contribution from employer towards purchase of group health insurance benefits
· Vacation and sick pay (PTO) after 90 days
· Holiday pay after 90 days
· Opportunity for continuing education and trainings