We are seeking an HR & Credentialing Assistant to join our team! In this position, you will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s Human Resource and Credentialing department. The HR and Credentialing Assistant will also assist with the administration and quality control of all aspects of the credentialing and privileging process for medical providers (physicians, professional staff, and network practitioners) practicing within Silver State Health Services.
Desired education or Certifications criteria:
• High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
• Bilingual English & Spanish, preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
· Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
· Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
· Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
· Provides clerical support to the HR department.
· May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
· Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
· Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
· Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
· Reviews and screens initial medical staff credentialing applications for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with federal, state, local and HRSA regulations, guidelines, policies, and standards.
· Performs external research and conducts verification of all applicant licensure, education and training, relevant past employment, and affiliations; assesses compliance with risk exposure criteria.
· Understands federal, state, local, and government/insurance agency regulations and guidelines, as well as Silver State Health Bylaws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures
· Interfaces with providers and SSH entities, client departments, and all related external health care agencies and customers on day-to-day credentialing and privileging issues as they arise.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Benefits of full-time employment:
- Participation in group health insurance benefits
- $275 fixed contribution from employer towards purchase of group health insurance benefits
- Vacation and sick pay (PTO) after 90 days
- Holiday pay after 90 days
- Opportunity for continuing education and training
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Screen, recruit, and interview potential employees
- On-board and train new employees
- Implement company culture, values and policies
- Provide management with requested reports and documents
- Coordinate events focused on employee recognition
- Accurately maintain employee files
- Previous experience in Human Resources, recruiting, or other related fields
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Ability to build rapport with all employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills