- Posted: over a month ago
Carries out the maintenance of policies and goals that support the organization’s analytical needs. Ability to use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas for and methods of improving operations. Assists in the implementation of analytical approaches and methodologies as well as the interpretation of results. Act as mentor to associate business analyst.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gathers usable data from internal billing and accounting systems for use in analytical models as well as other internal and external data sources as needed.
- Develop analytical models for use in various departments such as accounting, sales and operations.
- Tests analytical models, processes, and system functionality throughout the organization.
- Troubleshoot and create reports on a wide range of business criteria.
- Ability to capture business and technical requirements.
- Formulates new ideas and revisions to process and procedural documentation for various internal processes as needed.
- Support the business analytics supervisor with the development of quantitative analytics for internal decision making.
- Conduct data collection and analysis using applicable software applications.
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and become a trusted resource for the business analytics department.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to track project and specific initiative issues, findings, milestones and general notes in a clear and consistent manner that can be utilized by the business analytics department.
- Identify, analyze, and document discrepancies/deviations between expected and actual results
- Assist junior members of department with development of their skillset through job shadowing, mentorship, analysis review and other opportunities as determined by business analytics supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Business Management, Finance or related field plus four years relevant experience; or the combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
- Detail oriented, organized, with strong time management, analysis, process, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Inquisitive and driven to understand the intersection of business processes and information technology systems.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with various departments, while maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Effective in team setting or as individual contributor – Ability to participate with a team to achieve a common goal and the ability to work independently (with little oversight) to achieve a pre-defined goal.
- Ability to multi-task and manage evolving priorities.
- Ability to self-motivate and push yourself to achieve desired results while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong aptitude in both business and technology.
- Ability to communicate results to team, management, internal departments as well as external parties clearly and concisely.
- Provides inter-department communication to resolve concerns, inform of changing procedures and to simplifying processes.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff with confidence when working with, reporting to, and providing/receiving guidance from team members.
- Communicate system functionality issues, including discrepancies between policy and proposed changes and work toward resolution of issues.
- Advanced understanding of standard office applications (MS Office Suite).
- Solid understanding of and experience using database management languages (Required: SQL), business intelligence languages (Preferred: Python, R, etc.) and business intelligence tools (Preferred: Power BI, Google Analytics, etc.). Willingness to learn and potentially gain certifications in such areas
- Advanced understanding of the telecommunications industry and the applicable platforms and tools used to develop quality analysis for decision making purposes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
All work is generally performed within an office and public setting environment. Occasional travel for training or user conferences pertaining to business systems supported under the performance of job duties. Working hours are generally 40-50 hours per week.
BusinessView all jobs at Silver Star