Behavioral Health Care Manager
Silver Pine Medical Group Sterling Heights, MI
- Posted: 23 days ago
- $32 to $38 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Provides care management and care coordination for adult and pediatric patients with moderate to complex illness or behavioral health needs, in the primary care setting, under minimal supervision. Serves in an expanded health care role to collaborate with specialists, members of the health care team, physiatrist, and patients/families to ensure the delivery of quality, efficient, and cost-effective health care services. Assesses care plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates all options and services with the goal of optimizing the patient’s health and emotional status. Integrates evidence-based clinical guidelines, preventive guidelines, and protocols, in the development of individualized care plans that are patient-centric, promoting quality and efficiency in the delivery of health care.
Manage and actively follow a caseload of patients including a separate cohort of patients identified for behavioral health opportunities. Provides targeted interventions to avoid hospitalization and emergency room visits. Coordinates care across settings and helps patient/families understand health care options.
• Identifies high-risk population within practice per PCP referral, risk stratification, and Behavioral Health need
• Follows patient health, emotional status, and psychosocial needs of the patient/family using standard assessment tools
• Collaborates with PCP, patient, and members of the health care team, including psychiatrist.
• Develops a comprehensive individualized plan of care and targeted interventions and continually monitors patient/family
• Provides patient self-management support with a focus on empowering the patient/family to build capacity for self- care.
• Implement systems of care to facilitate close monitoring of high-risk patients including those with Behavioral Health needs
• Implements clinical interventions and protocols based on risk stratification and evidence-based clinical guidelines.
• Coordinates patient care through ongoing collaboration with PCP, Psychiatrist, patient/family, community, and other members of the health care team.
• Provides follow-up with patient/family when patient transitions from one setting to another in a timely manner
• Works with practice leadership to identify patients who would benefit from Behavioral Health support.
• Demonstrates excellent written, and communication skills, positive relationship building skills, and critical analysis skills.
• Maintains required documentation for all care management activities.
Qualifications and Education
• Current Michigan Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Master of Social Work License
• Master of Social Work or Behavioral Health experience preferred
• Three years of experience with adult medicine and pediatric patients in primary care/ambulatory care, home health agency, skilled nursing facility, or hospital medical-surgical setting, within the past five years
• Knowledge of chronic conditions, evidence-based guidelines, prevention, wellness, risk assessment, and patient education
• Critical thinking skills and ability to manage complex clinical issues utilizing assessment skills and protocols
• Excellent assessment / triage skills with the ability to implement evidence base interventions and protocols
• Demonstrates excellent communication--both verbal and written
• Ability to affect change, work as a productive and effective team member, and adapt to changing needs/priorities
• Time management, priority setting, work delegation and work organization.
• General computer knowledge and capability to use computer
Silver Pine Medical GroupWhy Work Here?
Growing company - room for advancement! Family environment-we celebrate successes!
We provide cutting edge medicine with a personal touch to patients of all ages. Our Beaumont doctors check, test, monitor, vaccinate, x-ray, prevent, screen, manage, diagnose and treat patients like family. At Silver Pine Medical Group, we are re proud to be a designated Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Patient-Centered Medical Home practice and CPC+ through CMS. To earn these special designations, we have instituted a range of capabilities that help us better manage the care of populations as well as individuals with chronic conditions.
53950 Van DykeSterling Heights, MI