Chief of Farming Operations
- Expired: April 24, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Silver Lion Farms is looking for an experienced and dedicated Chief of Farming Operations to join our team in Ely, Nevada
The Chief of Farming Operations manages all operations directly related to the farm in Ely, Nevada, the onsite greenhouse, and the onsite processing center. Direct reports include; Farming & Crop Production; Cultivation; Greenhouse Systems & Operations; Safety & Security and Compliance.
- Competitive salary and PTO policy
- 100% company-paid employee Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance
- Onsite housing and relocation expenses paid for by the Company
- 401k Program
Chief of Farming Operations Responsibilities
Strategic & Budgets:
- Works in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer to develop long-range, strategic plans
- Develop plans to increase the company’s efficiency and profitability in line with the company’s strategies and Business Plan, supporting the development and updating the company’s budgets
Outdoor Farming Management:
- Oversees the outdoor farm team to ensure that weekly/monthly schedules and cadences are being met.
- Oversees the equipment maintenance and repair function to ensure that preventative maintenance services (PMS) and repairs are completed in a timely manner and so that capital equipment is maintained and ready as scheduled.
- Oversees the acquisition of all farming raw materials such as seeds and fertilizer in quantities required to support the farm plan.
- Works with internal and external partners to strategize, plan, and execute farm operations.
- Works directly with Head of Farming & Crop Production to maintain, access, and optimize seasonal budgetary and overall yield goals.
Indoor Growing & Processing:
- Oversees the Greenhouse team to ensure that weekly/monthly schedules and cadences are being met
- Manages Greenhouse Operations department heads
- Oversees the acquisition of all raw materials such as seeds and fertilizer in quantities required to support the grow plan
- Works with internal and external partners to strategize, plan, and execute greenhouse construction and operations
- Works directly with CEO, Controller, and department heads to create and manage all relevant budgets
- Oversees Compliance to ensure all licenses and certifications are up to date.
- Oversees crop testing to ensure crops meet legal specifications
- Oversees CCB compliance, and ensures facilities and processes meet inspection requirements
Safety & Security:
- Oversees safety and security to ensure that the site meets OSHA and state requirements and that training is conducted per company standards
Strategy and Success of NV Site Operations:
- Defines and implements overall operations strategies, structure, and processes.
- Responsible for reporting strategy, risk, timelines, and progress to CEO.
- Oversees day-to-day operations at the property.
- Maintains working knowledge of all phases of farm, greenhouse, and construction operations.
- Serves as the primary management liaison between the Nevada site and business office team.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in farm management, or similar field
- 3+ years of hemp and/or cannabis industry experience nice to have
- Proven track record of leading, managing, and inspiring a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to make critical and thoughtful decisions in relation to staff management, labor, overall strategy, and meeting demanding timelines.
- Ability to set and implement overall strategy, policy, and procedures to drive process and improvement at the Nevada farm.
- Ability to give direction and lead reporting management staff in all day-to-day operations, as a leader and advisor.
- Strong understanding for all safety, crop, and labor compliances not limited to: permitting, licensing, OSHA regulations, safety protocols, crop testing and more.
Silver Lion Farms is a privately held, vertically integrated seed-to-extraction, organic hemp supply chain company founded in 2018, headquartered in Ely, Nevada. We are working together to create the gold standard in industrial-scale standardization and efficiency for USDA Certified Organic CBD — for the world’s largest and most innovative CPG, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic companies. We are transforming the commercial CBD industry, the communities where we invest in shared success, and the lives of our customers and each other.
Our best-of-class, USDA-certified, organic hemp farms, greenhouses, and biomass processing centers and extraction centers include thousands of owned, sustainable acres and hundreds of thousands of square-foot state-of-the-art propagation greenhouses, as well as the largest biomass processing facility of its kind in North America.
Silver Lion Farms is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees and our communities.
Powered by JazzHR
Silver Lion Farms
Get fresh Chief Operating Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.