Dual Diagnosis- Mental Health Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Silver Lake Hospital of Newark, NJ is seeking to hire experienced full-time and part-time Mental Health Technicians (MHT) with behavioral health experience to provide inpatient treatment for adults who experience acute mental health symptoms and substance use. Our Mental Health Technicians work 12 hour shifts including every other weekend. Day and night shifts available.
ABOUT SILVER LAKE HOSPITAL
Silver Lake Hospital's brand-new state of the art acute inpatient dual diagnosis program provides inpatient treatment for adults who experience acute mental health symptoms and substance use.
We are looking for compassionate, warm, caring and highly professional health care individuals who have a passion for helping others.
The Mental Health Technician will provide direct patient care under the supervision of the charge nurse. Responsibilities include the provision of a safe and therapeutic milieu, crisis intervention and assistance with activities of daily living. The Mental Health Technician must demonstrate flexibility when providing care to dually diagnosed adults.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
- (1) year behavioral health experience required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service and professionalism at all times.
- Positive interpersonal relationships that embody our patient/family centered philosophy.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with others.
- Skills required: Critical thinking, analytical, interpersonal, organizational.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and reliability.
- Ability to relate well to patients, families, co-workers, and physicians.
Full time employees are offered generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, supplemental insurance, free life-long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement. Additional benefits include continuing education, BLS courses, free parking in a safe and secure garage, paid time off (PTO), and a comprehensive wellness program.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, complete our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. After this step, you will receive an invite to complete your full application. Thank you.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Silver Lake Hospital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?