Special Projects Supervisor
Silver Creek Materials Fort Worth, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Special Projects Supervisor
Location: 2251 Silver Creek Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76108
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
Position Type and Schedule: Full-Time
Monday - Friday: 6:30am-5:00pm
Evenings and weekend hours as needed for special projects
Company Overview: Silver Creek Materials is a mining and composting operation in West Fort Worth, Texas. We are very proud to serve Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas. Discover the competitive prices, fast, professional services, and high-quality products that have made us a recycling, compost, mining, and organic products industry leader.
Position Overview: Silver Creek Materials is seeking an experienced Project Supervisor with a can-do spirit to effectively oversee and help the Facilities Department with special projects, usually in construction or land/property management nature. This role is predominately outside in the field working on special projects around company property. Additionally, the candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that requires thinking and acting quickly to resolve problems. This position reports to the Facilities Manager.
Position Key Responsibilities:
- Assist scheduling, budgets, time management, material take-offs and tools required for special projects.
- Provide supervision on all Special Projects from conception to completion.
- Promote a team environment.
- Collaborate with management to establish yearly budget and business plan.
- Provide leadership for facilities technicians, operators, and laborers
- Maintaining condition of and implementation of best practices for equipment and tools associated with the business unit.
- Work closely with other business units and promptly assist in bidding projects within this business unit.
- Work closely with other business unit managers, shop managers, and company directors
- Be available and provide emergency response to company catastrophic events such as flooding, fire, storm damage etc.
- Supervise department operations so that they are complaint with company policies and procedures and other regulating rules such as OSHA, MSHA, and TCEQ.
- Assist in creating the schedule for facilities staff, while keeping overtime to a minimum.
- Work with peers and employees to promote teamwork and a healthy workplace.
- Assist in managing the performance and development of the facilities staff.
- Ensure adequate coverage as required by contract, and with backup plans in place.
- Work in the work order ticketing system daily to monitor or complete facilities work orders.
- Train new staff members to perform facilities duties in line with company standards.
- Communicate effectively with team members via a handheld radio, telephone, messaging system, and e-mail. Be responsive to team member inquiries and requests.
- Respond promptly to customer or management needs.
- Help direct all material being dumped to the correct location on property.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude while interacting with customers and team members.
- Direct customers in a detailed, clear, and courteous manner as needed.
- Learn product placement and recycling areas to help team members better direct customers.
Traffic, Roads, and Ramps
Supervise and assist with:
- Construction of new roads
- Construction of ramps
- Changes to traffic patterns and sign installation
- Creation of drainage such as bar ditches and channels to divert water into containment areas.
- Coordinate with COO/Regulatory Officer for TCEQ regulations.
- Traffic back-ups.
- Traffic flow, traffic patterns, and ease of travel throughout facility.
- Acquisition and workflow strategy of traffic signage.
- Placement of traffic dividers, lane delineators, barricades, cones, and signs as traffic flow/patterns change.
- Recovery of disabled vehicles on property.
- Removal of debris and rocks from haul trucks that could damage tires or customers vehicles.
Gates, Fences, Mud Guard and Cattle Guard
Supervise and assist with:
- Functionality of all gates, locks, and fences on all parts of company property.
- Maintenance and inspection of all cattle guards, ensuring proper condition.
- Gates at mud guard and traffic cones during rain days.
- Back property and lake
- Supervise and assist with:
- Maintenance, inspection, and repair (as needed) with water pumping to the lake.
- Maintenance, inspection, and repair (as needed) with the lake dock.
- Hunting trip and other event preparation.
- Cattle and field rotations.
Supervise and assist with:
- Wood cutting and staging of split lumber.
- Repairs to the shooting range area as needed.
- Proper completion of equipment logs.
- Enforcing company policies and standards regarding equipment and vehicle cab cleanliness.
- Practice and enforce safety first mindset.
- HDPE Projects.
- Culvert installation and repairs.
- Concrete repair/projects
- Maintaining vendors; including scheduling for projects in other departments.
- Construction/Installation of modular, steel buildings, infrastructure projects, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in construction or land management.
- A minimum of 2 years of work order processing experience.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office and Google.
- Ability to meet the schedule requirements and maintain reliable attendance.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with various personality and attitude types.
- Ability to memorize and recall detailed information.
- Self-motivating with a strong work ethic to exceed company and personal goals.
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions as needed.
- Ability to physically navigate uneven surfaces.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Must comply with background check and Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Ability to perform limited physical tasks, including lifting up to 25lbs.
Benefits: Silver Creek Materials offers competitive pay, and eligible employees can elect medical, dental, vision, life, and ambulatory insurance. Employees also enjoy paid company observed holidays, as well as paid vacation and sick time. Other offerings may be available based on position type.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Silver Creek Materials
AddressFort Worth, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Silver Creek Materials