Network Engineer III (Secret)
- Expired: January 18, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
SiloSmashers, Inc. is a strategy, technology, and management consulting firm, founded in 1992, and located in Reston, Virginia. SiloSmashers delivers superior services and solutions to the public sector in the areas of project/program management, performance management, and IT security. The company provides innovative, collaborative business approaches, and proven methodologies that enable customers to break down organizational silos and optimize operational efficiency to achieve peak performance and mission success. Come join our team!
The Network Engineer III will support an Engineering team as a part of a large, complex cybersecurity, engineering and PMO contract for a federal customer, providing expertise towards network engineering solutions and services across a variety of platforms and technology. The Network Engineer Level III will also provide a high-level technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
The ideal candidate will possess an inherent interest in learning the latest technology and proven ability and the self-motivation to learn quickly and solve engineering problems.
- Initiate, design and drive engineering solutioning for related projects such as:
- Resilient transport solutions for critical, geographically dispersed enterprise network and systems?
- TCP/IP (v4 and v6)?
- Virtual switching and routing?
- IPSec?and SSL VPN?
- Administration of:?
- Application systems?
- Network access and security?
- Performance measure collection
- Reporting on pre/post maintenance operations metrics?
- Outage reports, and root case analysis?
- Management of:??
- Emergency preparedness?
- IT disaster recovery planning and execution of COOP exercises?
- Asset inventory control?
- A/V and web conferencing?
- IT training and education?
- Wireless voice and data services?
- Automation of system health reporting, including network and system infrastructure??
- Works in tandem with Cybersecurity and O&M stakeholders to solution, resolve and drive technology and IT modernization initiatives
- Provides high level network troubleshooting, testing and updating standard code versions and device templates as well as remediating security findings.
- Supports on-boarding and integration of approved cloud applications which support virtual security services, to connect optional security services to government cloud environments. Supports migration of existing cloud access point applications.
- Identifies resources required for network designs, including upgrades, expansions, and enhancements (building, core, and Data Center).
- Configures and installs network hardware and software to meet requirements and conform to technical Design Standards.
- Provides in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives (VoIP) for government agencies in enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures.
- Provides interface support to telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes technical improvements to the network.
- Provide level of effort estimates to project managers as requested in order to develop project schedules?
- Provide services for operations, maintenance, network infrastructure, capacity management, reporting and IT enhancements?
- Plan and implement telecommunications and IT infrastructures?
- Ad hoc and planned user support, including transition to operational support, and troubleshooting and root-cause analysis?
- Design, build and implement with standard build guidelines, harden and work with Information Assurance to remediate findings after IT Security scans?
- Install networking gear in racks and connect to infrastructure?
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), "As Is" documentation, Installation Instructions and any other required O&M transition documentation as required?
- Work with Infrastructure Engineering team members to meet requirements and deadlines?
- Provide technical advice and develop solutions as required?
- Provide Tier II and Tier III end-user rollout and troubleshooting support as directed?
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree
- Secret clearance
- 15+ years performing Network Engineering
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification
- Experience with virtual private networks (VPNs) remote access solutions and internal tunneling technologies, such as Cisco AnyConnect for remote access and GRE Tunneling/DMVPNS for the internal tunneling technologies?
- Experience with enterprise wireless solutions such as Cisco WLC & Cisco Prime.?
- Experience with voice over Internet Protocol (IP)?
- Experience in peering with ISP services and configuring/troubleshooting enterprise routing designs?
- Experience with designing, deploying and managing IEEE 802.1x network authentication.?
- Experience managing Proxy Services?
- Experience with deploying a Virtual Switching Architecture such as VRF and VSS to support secure multi-tenant design within DMZ based virtual enclave?
- Experience designing and implementing cloud routing designs (AWS/Azure) to include setup and configuration of a cloud router (e.g., Cisco Cloud Services Router)?
- Experience with the Design and Implementation of Data Center Class transport infrastructures?
- Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).?
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing project review support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy?? Effectiveness in the use of computer tools, e.g., spreadsheets and databases?
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Strong Agile-minded perspective on iterative, continual delivery and the ability to decompose a large, complex engineering effort into smaller, executable pieces
- Focused, collaborative mindset to include all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of an engineering project
- Deft ability to facilitate deeper technical sessions while clearly articulating highly technical discussions to non-technical stakeholders??
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a continuous process improvement culture??
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment??
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and effectively communicate technical concepts in a compelling, persuasive manner to non-technical stakeholders.?
- Excellent ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts and rapport, including?contract stakeholders and government representatives.?
- Capable of working under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously.?
- Excellent time and resource management skills.?
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.?
- Ability to work independently and function effectively as a member of a team and adhere to strict deadlines.?
- Ability to understand and communicate technical/business solutions to personnel at all levels of the organization.?
- Must be able to demonstrate?extremely strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and work ethic?
- Ability to work odd hours outside of standard schedule as needed, e.g. weekends or after normal work hours.
What we offer:
SiloSmashers offers its employees opportunities to be their best in careers in management and technology consulting. There is a place at SiloSmashers for experienced professionals, transitioning military personnel, new graduates, cleared professionals, and referrals from current SiloSmashers employees. At SiloSmashers you will do important work, surrounded by professional colleagues, in a company that is dedicated to client satisfaction.
SiloSmashers strives to offer an environment where employees can achieve everything that is important to them. To support this philosophy, we provide not only competitive compensation, retirement benefits, health benefits, and work-life and wellness programs, but also leave programs, and career growth opportunities. For more information, please visit the SiloSmashers website at www.SiloSmashers.com.
SiloSmashers, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressAtlantic City, NJ
TechnologyView all jobs at SiloSmashers
Get fresh Network Consulting Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!