Data Visualization Specialist (Tableau/Power BI)/Business Process Analyst
SiloSmashers Washington, DC
- Expired: September 14, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
SiloSmashers, Inc. is a strategy, technology, and management consulting firm, founded in 1992, and located in Reston, Virginia. SiloSmashers delivers superior services and solutions to the public sector in the areas of project/program management, performance management, and IT security. The company provides innovative, collaborative business approaches, and proven methodologies that enable customers to break down organizational silos and optimize operational efficiency to achieve peak performance and mission success. Come join our team!
We are seeking a Business Process Analyst to join our team at U.S. Marshalls Service in Washington, D.C.
The Data Visualization Specialist/Business Process Analyst shall use proven Performance Management and Continuous Process Improvement (PM/CPI) methodologies to streamline processes to eliminate process waste in order to improve organizational productivity, improve access to information and decision-making, and increase the utilization of assets and resources.
- Provide Data Visualization
- Experience with Data analysis, data cleanup, and preparation for data visualization
- Creating interactive maps using Excel spreadsheets and external databases (E.g., SharePoint)
- Creating custom searchable data sets using Power BI and/or Tableau
- Provide support reviewing organizational strategies, operations, and programs to improve organizational processes and performance. Associated duties include:
- Conduct research and business process analysis relevant to the POD mission, goals, objectives, strategies, and functions, and then develop recommendations and plans to maximize the capability of existing programs, processes, procedures, and structures to improve access to information, eliminate process waste, and increase decision-maker awareness while minimizing risks.
- Review organizational programs, documents, reports, and data for policy implications and impacts on the USMS, districts, and the federal detention management system and assist the BIC with reconciling conflicts between policies and program goals.
- Develop strategies, governance, and plans supporting the transition to new operational methods and practices; including communication strategies to effectively inform and create organization and stakeholder buy-in about changes.
- Identify critical internal and external issues and recommend solutions to mitigate the issues. Provide support with strategic and performance planning and reporting to ensure linkage among planning elements (i.e., mission, vision, goals, objectives, strategies, and performance management initiatives). Associated duties include:
- Develop and analyze project evaluation criteria to identify the projects that provide the most benefit to POD.
- Developing project plans with the integration, monitoring, and closeout supporting the strategies.
- Develop and maintain processes and means to support tracking and oversight of projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Support project pipeline and a project portfolio that aligns with the POD strategies and priorities.
- Support tracking and manage risk to ensure projects stay on schedule.
- Capture and consolidate best practices and lessons learned in order to promote the application of similar process improvement opportunities across the Detention Program.
- Must be US Citizen
- At least 5 years' experience using Tableau and/or Power BI to create custom searching on structured data and creating interactive maps.
- Data analysis and data preparation experience for mapping and customized searches.
- Experience in the development and interpretation of organization structures and processes.
- Experience preparing and delivering briefs to executive leadership on performance results.
- Strong knowledge of business process analysis.
- Strong writing experience to include the development of comprehensive resolution recommendations.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Team player who can collaborate with multiple stakeholders to arrive at the best solution.
What we offer:
SiloSmashers offers its employees opportunities to be their best in careers in management and technology consulting. There is a place at SiloSmashers for experienced professionals, transitioning military personnel, new graduates, cleared professionals, and referrals from current SiloSmashers employees. At SiloSmashers you will do important work, surrounded by professional colleagues, in a company that is dedicated to client satisfaction.
SiloSmashers strives to offer an environment where employees can achieve everything that is important to them. To support this philosophy, we provide not only competitive compensation, retirement benefits, health benefits, and work-life and wellness programs, but also leave programs, and career growth opportunities. For more information, please visit the SiloSmashers website at www.SiloSmashers.com.
SiloSmashers, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at SiloSmashers