SiloSmashers, Inc. is a strategy, technology, and management consulting firm, founded in 1992, and located in Reston, Virginia. SiloSmashers delivers superior services and solutions to the public sector in the areas of project/program management, performance management, and IT security. The company provides innovative, collaborative business approaches, and proven methodologies that enable customers to break down organizational silos and optimize operational efficiency to achieve peak performance and mission success.
Summary of the Role
The Cybersecurity Technical Operations Manager shares responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of the project. The Cybersecurity Technical Operations Manager provides strategic direction, oversight and support between agency customers and multiple team leads, including information system security officers, engineers, security operation specialists and other cyber professionals to support the agency mission and contract deliverables. The ideal candidate has experience managing cybersecurity operations, engineering and authorization activities to maintain change and improve operations in a federal cybersecurity environment. The position entails managing a team of up to 20 or more individuals.
- Responsible for managing scope and ensuring deliverables are completed on time and to SiloSmashers quality standards. Ensures service level agreements are met. Assists in negotiating contracting modifications for out-of-scope requests.
- Point of contact to the government customer after the Program Manager. Responsible for successful performance against a variety of cybersecurity-related workstreams to include Security Authorization, Security Engineering, Risk Management and Incident Response.
- Works directly with federal staff to ensure requirements are understood and properly staffed. Additionally, support the team leads by understanding and communicating priorities to the contract team members and provide guidance as needed. Proactively identifies and remediates technical challenges.
- Works with corporate recruiting, team leads and business partners to fully staff all positions with highly qualified personnel. Ensures good communication and collaboration across the entire team by ensuring prime and subcontractors are seamlessly integrated into a team. Manages employee performance by working with team leads of the various program and corporate components. Anticipates potential problems and executes performance improvement plans as needed. Escalates staff issues to Program Manager and reports regularly on performance for responsible workstreams.
- Develop and report on measures to demonstrate to the customer and the management team how effectively key business objectives are being achieved. Monitor performance indicators for corporate quality program
- Identify stakeholder needs and collect requirements from customer on delivery of cybersecurity capability services, cybersecurity management, and other topics as needed. Translate stakeholder needs into technical cybersecurity capability requirements and solutions statements
- Identify opportunities to expand our support and deliver support with a broad vision of the landscape. Support corporate business development and proposal activities, as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 10+ years of IT-related experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years' IT-related experience, or
- Masters and 3+ years' IT-related experience
- Experience building relationships and stakeholder engagement
- Experience managing resource allocations and budgets
- Proven experience with Federal IT clients
- Proven experience managing technical staff, assigning and organizing tasks and overseeing project implementations
- Flexible and self-motivated, excellent communication and collaboration skills and proven ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management
- Experience in FISMA and/or other authorization processes and reporting
- Proven experience with NIST SP 800-37, 800-30, 800-53, 800-53A
- Demonstrated understanding of information security architectures, technologies, standards, and practices to secure applications and IT systems, desirable
- Experience in developing security documentation such as System Security Plans, Incident Response Plans, Configuration Management Plans, policies, procedures, etc.
- Experience in security operations, such as incident response, Security Operation Center
- Experience with proposal development and corporate quality programs, preferred
- CAP, or equivalent
- U.S. Citizen
- Secret security clearance required
Job Posted by ApplicantPro