Principal Therapy Development Specialist - Wisconsin
Silk Road Medical Inc Milwaukee, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
The Silk Road Medical Principal Therapy Development Specialist is a clinically oriented ambassador for a proven hybrid procedure to treat carotid artery disease: TCAR (Transcarotid Artery revascularization). As part of the commercial field team he/she will lead the next revolution in endovascular surgery to execute therapy adoption initiatives in TCAR Centers of Excellence and new commercial sites. This individual will become a trusted clinical partner and TCAR specialist to drive safe adoption, superior outcomes and achieve sales revenue of the ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System, ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System and related products. The Silk Road Medical Therapy Development Specialist practices excellent clinical/case acumen and relationship management with physician and healthcare professional customers. He/she has strong organization, administration and clinical acumen. The Silk Road Medical Therapy Development Specialist is a partner and resource to the SRM cross functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, and Office of Medical Affairs.
-Entrepreneurial, experience in supporting a business, and new therapy adoption.
-Ability to understand the care and management of carotid artery disease. CEA, CAS, and TCAR.
-Ability to provide clinical consultation to physicians and healthcare professionals.
1. Partnering with Sales to execute Territory Management and Account Development
- Provide quality support to help accounts achieve procedural success and for the safe growth and superior outcomes of Silk Road ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System and ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System.
- These bullets are all redundant, so we need to condense with the next bullet. This is mentioned under the next section- technical support. Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively.
- Knowledge of the Silk Road Medical TCAR product IFUs for safe and effective use.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge. Understands current published TCAR and relevant literature.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, industry trends, and the Silk Road Medical portfolio.
2. Customer Service
- Ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within territory geographic areas to maintain optimum level of exposure and effective time management. Assist with scheduling of cases and proper customer support.
- Participate in physician training and case observations when necessary.
- Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner to include proper device complaint reporting.
- Maintain high standards of personal presentation and promote a professional personal and company image.
3. Training, Education and Professional Development
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, features, strengths in relation to the company’s products.
- Participate in product and skills development programs, managing own self development.
- Helps drive and maintain quality initiatives and global best practice initiatives.
- Ensure a professional standard of written and verbal communication at all times.
4. Administrative Responsibilities
- Responsible for ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System and ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System inventory at sites to include shipments, usage and return of product.
- Submits accurate and timely expense reports.
- Report device complaints to proper departments within quality assurance within Silk Road Medical.
- Supports TCAR teams with appropriate products, clinical literature and pre case planning strategy,
- Maintain hospital eligibility/access with various vendor credentialing services.
- Control expenses and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a high level of communication with appropriate Silk Road Medical sales and leadership within assigned geography.
- Plan and implement effective clinical/product presentations to customers.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships within the company to ensure clinical outcomes and case support to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Communicate market intelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sales leads, and information regarding product price or account activity to Area Director or other appropriate company personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 -10 + year’s sales and/or clinical experience preferably in a hospital environment; selling into minimally invasive cardiovascular market, EVAR/TEVAR, TAVR, peripheral or surgical related products.
- Sales experience in other medical, pharma, consumer or tech B2B will be considered.
- Minimum 1 year within SRM as Sr. TDS
- 150 lifetime case support
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and execution of market development initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in Medical Device and/or hospital environment
- Previous experience in a start-up environment.
- Exceptional understanding of cardiovascular, physiology, and relevant anatomy and pathology.
- Interventional peripheral vascular or coronary/cardiac procedural experience (wires, balloons, catheters, stents). Endovascular--specifically Endo Vascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) and Thoracic Endo Vascular Aneurysm Repair (TEVAR)—or Cardiac surgery, Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement (SAVR), Transfemoral Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) experience preferred.
- Strong, proven medical device sales/clinical track record with documented growth and achievements.
- Prior experience teaching and educating medical personnel, peers and technical support personnel.
- Imaging interpretation experience (Carotid Duplex Ultasound, CTA, MRA, catheter angiography). Computer proficiency and ability to perform CT reconstruction with CT programs. Experience in Hybrid OR settings and various angiography imaging from C-Arm to angio suite.
- Demonstrated success building strong relationships with key therapy users and employees across organizational level.
- Ability to effectively organize and plan travel schedule with frequent last minute requests.
- most positions no longer have extensive travel.