The successful candidate will assist a broad range of users in understanding the nature of the data, data flows and reporting tools, in addition to assisting users in gaining access to the data. This role works directly with users to assess issues they encounter to determine how best to resolve them, and acts as an advocate for users when partnering with Product Managers and Technical Product Teams to ensure defect prioritization takes into account business impacts. This role includes regular user communication and is instrumental in identifying continuous improvement opportunities, partnering with our Product Management organization to assist in driving select CI efforts.
• Performs analysis and trouble-shooting of incident tickets opened by users and determines next steps required to drive resolution.
• Leverages subject matter expertise to answer questions about data accuracy and quality; data lineage and flows; and whether the correct tool is being used to answer a specific business question.
• Ensures proactive user communication on status and progress on issue resolution for issues, working with Product Management and Technical Product Teams.
• Partners with the Business and Product Management to identify opportunities in current systems and processes, and provides a direct feedback loop to inform continuous improvement to maximize returns on application development efforts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – proven ability to translate highly technical information into concise terms users at all levels of the organization can readily and easily understand.
• Expert analytical and problem solving skills with strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
• BA/BS in a related field (finance, economics, business, mathematics, communications, operations, reporting or information systems) and 2+ years’ experience supporting technology products with a successful history of direct support of users required.
• Experience with user provisioning/access, Essbase, Microstrategy, Teradata, Oracle, SQL, PowerBI or similar EDW and BI tools and platforms preferred.
• Experience working in an Agile framework preferred; successful track record of supporting projects with complex scope and system and process implementations a plus.