Journeyman Electrician - Industrial
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
We are proud to be an essential part of the world’s food supply chain and are looking for team members who will take this job as seriously as we do!Now hiring an Electrician-Industrial – apply now!
As the Electrician-Industrial at the Silgan Closures Evansville, IN facility you will perform all electrical maintenance functions.Apply today!
What we offer you:
- The chance to work for an industry leader and a company that provides a great culture where you feel like a member of our family
- Achievements are recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated
- An opportunity to join a stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company
What you'll do:
Design and make sketches and/or drawings of electrical layouts and wiring diagrams, requisition purchase components as required
Requires the ability to use charts and tables as found in handbooks; knowledge of the working properties of various metals such as: steel, iron, brass, etc
Layout, install and maintain variety of electrical equipment such as: automatic controls, switchboards, control panels, etc. establish secondary distribution center balance loads, wire circuits having a large number of units and connections
Perform various duties such as: replace defective wiring, make connections to new electrical installations; replace fuses; repair and install electrical fixtures, motors, etc., replace small parts on motors such as brushes, etc, maintain and install wiring connections on control panels, fans, motors and starting devices, blowers, etc
Use testing equipment such as test lamp, voltage tester, ohmmeter, oscilloscope
Diagnose electrical mechanical and electrical hydraulic equipment trouble, report findings to supervisor, make necessary repairs
Attend company sponsored Electrical training
You’ll love it here if you:
Enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Diagnose electrical trouble, report findings to supervisor, make necessary repairs
Like to use charts and tables as found in handbooks; knowledge of the working properties of various metals such as: steel, iron, brass, etc.
What you'll need to have:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Training in Hazcom and serve as an emergency response team member to assist with hazardous spill clean up
- The ability to be flexible and adapt quickly when daily plan changes based on urgent needs
- Analytical and troubleshooting ability
Who we are:
- Global Fortune 500 packaging company with 109 manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe, and Asia
- A leading supplier of sustainable metal and plastic packaging solutions for consumer goods products for food, beverage, health care, garden, home, personal care, and beauty products
- A stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $29.07 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Evansville, IN 47712: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Journeyman's Card or Electrical Certification (Required)
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
You should be proficient in:
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- High School / GED
$29.07 - $29.07 / hr
Silgan Closures - North AmericaEvansville, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.