Welder/ Fitter – Aluminum/Steel
The position of Welder includes, but is not limited to production welding. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures in a high paced production environment.
The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will work with Supervisors and Lead Hands to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, welding according to pre-set parameters using MIG welding processes. The ability to scan in and out of work orders is a must. The Welder will be required to have strong knowledge and skill in operating all metalworking machinery. Additionally, the Welder will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
• Aluminum Welding Experience using MIG push pull system (Miller 350 Aluma-Pro)
Experience fitting HSS and C Channel structures
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
• Follow All Safety Policies and Protocols
• Quality Orientation
• Time Management
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Development and Continual Learning
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Operating Equipment
• Ethics and Integrity
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Team Work
• Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
• Operate Miller 350P Aluminum Pro Wire Feed (MIG AL)
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as MIG, Plasma Cutter.
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
• Maintain safe work practices.
• Conduct Technical Inspections.
• Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
• Other assigned work as required.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• (3) years’ experience as a Welder.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
• Experience with routine maintenance operations.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
• Overtime optional
• Hazards associated with the trade.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT https://www.silent-aire.com/careers/