Warehouse Lead Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day to day activities in the receiving department of the facility. This position oversees shipping and receiving, stock handling, layout and design, small project work, and making the occasional delivery of parts and supplies to customer locations.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries and direct the organization of all incoming materials.
• Create a daily shipment schedule and prepare items for shipping.
• Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments, and deliveries.
• Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
• Supervise and train new staff and assigned work team.
• May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments.
• May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
• Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
• Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
• Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
• Oversee the organization of storage space in an efficient manner using racks, shelving, bins, and other storage methods.
• Assist other team members with similar related duties as requested.
• Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
• Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
• Perform all duties in accordance with Silent-Aire Limited Partnership safety program standards and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience in Shipping and Receiving role is an asset.
• Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record is a must.
• Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
• Ability to weigh and measure items.
• Knowledge of local courier and shipping companies is preferred.
• Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
• Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and Outlook.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Good organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Work is performed in a combination of office and industrial environments.
• Exercise caution, as the environment presents many naturally occurring hazards.
• Always adhere to safety policies (wear protective equipment).
• Overtime as required
• Lifting or moving up to 20-40 lbs may be required.
At it's root Silent-Aire engineered and manufactured custom HVAC solutions for institutions; hospitals, schools, and recreational complexes. The company grew into larger industrial HVAC deployments for mining and energy companies. In early 2000 Dan and Lindsey graduated from University of Alberta with Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees and took on the leadership and strategic direction of Silent-Aire. We continued to grow organically and acquired a new manufacturing facility in Edmonton that was the catalyst to expanding into the data center mission critical HVAC business.
In 2012 Silent-Aire built a second 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Edmonton that included 4 assembly lines and new office space for our engineering and operations. In 2014, for additional capacity and redundancy, a 3rd manufacturing facility was built in Gilbert, Arizona that mirrored the Edmonton facility. Today, we are focused on continuing to grow our industrial, institutional HVAC and mission critical data center business.
The majority of our growth over the past 10 years has come from our data center customers that require mission critical infrastructure for their ever expanding clouds. As a result, we have taken a relentless focus on operations, quality and safety that includes attaining ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment, OSHA 18001- safety.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Silent-Aire Manufacturing
Get fresh Supervisor Warehouse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.