Travelling Journeyman Electrician (MDC)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Silent Aire Mission Critical Services
- Journeyman Electrician - Domestic travel
As a privately held family enterprise, Silent-Aire has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC and CRAC systems for over 20 years. We specialize in Industrial and Data Center markets.
· Tax free per diem provided
· Market competitive wages
· We offer a competitive benefits package, medical, dental, vision, and more
· Low cost healthcare premium options available
· Company funded Health Reimbursement Account as an option
· Company paid life insurance
· 401k Match
· Paid company holidays and PTO
· Referral bonus program
The Journeyman Electrician will work with a team on the installation and commission of building Data Centers, HVAC, fire, lighting and energy management control systems. The journeyman Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, switchgear, sensors and various control components and devices. Other responsibilities include fabrication of control panels, electrical equipment testing, and assistance of systems start-up. Must be educated in NEC code.
· Commitment to quality and safety.
Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
· Time management skills.
· Ability to read schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams.
· Critical eye for identifying defects.
· Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
· Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and occasionally perform strenuous physical labor.
Education and Experience:
· Domestic travel required
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent
· Five plus years high level electrical experience
· Journeyman Certification is an asset
· Completion of college/vocational or technical training preferred
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Must possess valid driver’s license
· Clean driving record
Journeyman Electrician Certified
This is a safety sensitive position.
Silent Aire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At it's root Silent-Aire engineered and manufactured custom HVAC solutions for institutions; hospitals, schools, and recreational complexes. The company grew into larger industrial HVAC deployments for mining and energy companies. In early 2000 Dan and Lindsey graduated from University of Alberta with Civil and Mechanical Engineering degrees and took on the leadership and strategic direction of Silent-Aire. We continued to grow organically and acquired a new manufacturing facility in Edmonton that was the catalyst to expanding into the data center mission critical HVAC business.
In 2012 Silent-Aire built a second 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Edmonton that included 4 assembly lines and new office space for our engineering and operations. In 2014, for additional capacity and redundancy, a 3rd manufacturing facility was built in Gilbert, Arizona that mirrored the Edmonton facility. Today, we are focused on continuing to grow our industrial, institutional HVAC and mission critical data center business.
The majority of our growth over the past 10 years has come from our data center customers that require mission critical infrastructure for their ever expanding clouds. As a result, we have taken a relentless focus on operations, quality and safety that includes attaining ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment, OSHA 18001- safety.
ConstructionView all jobs at Silent-Aire Manufacturing
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?