Will work with a team on the installation and commission of building Data Centers, HVAC, fire, lighting and energy management control systems. The journeyman Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, switchgear, sensors and various control components and devices. Other responsibilities include fabrication of control panels, electrical equipment testing, and assistance of systems start-up. Must be educated in NEC code.
• Installation of switchgear
• Rough and finish wiring and control systems
• Installs system components and wiring in compliance with the applicable standards
• Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains electrical control circuits for motors and control devices for various electrical devices
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance
• Instruct and coach apprentices
• Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
• Other assigned work as required
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
• Time management skills.
• Ability to read schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams.
• Critical eye for identifying defects.
• Commitment to quality and safety.
• Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Ability to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
• Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and occasionally perform strenuous physical labor.