As a privately held family, enterprise Silent-Aire systems has been designing and manufacturing custom HVAC systems for over 20 years. We specialize in the Healthcare, Industrial and Data Center markets, and our products have been deployed around the globe. Our custom units have been specified to support the environments of some of the world’s leading organizations such as Amazon.com, Boeing, Shell, Sherritt International, Dow Chemical, and Dell.
Our experienced and energetic team delivers flexible design, advanced systems, and solutions for the most complex HVAC challenges.
Motivated by innovation and success we aim to drive change in our industry, to challenge the status quo and to be a partner- as opposed to a vendor to our clients.
The focus of this position is to function as part of the manufacturing engineering department at Silent-Aire. The successful applicant will assist the departmental engineers in executing all drawings that will be used for construction packages on the manufacturing floor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Must be proficient in Inventor
• Develop and prepare engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, and other data.
• Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations.
• Develop and prepare concept sketches.
• Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets.
• Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches.
• Operate computer-assisted drafting equipment.
• Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering, drawings, and specifications for machines and components.
• Prepare conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering, drawings and specifications.
• Respond quickly to the shop floor’s needs in response to addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing specifications, Bill of Material, or routing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• College diploma or University degree in mechanical engineering design and drafting technology, or a related field.
• 3 or more years of Inventor experience including standardized drafting practices.
• 3 or more years of experience supporting mechanical products and assemblies in a fast-paced environment.
• 3 or more years of related experience in HVAC or mechanical equipment design applications.
• Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner.
• Ability to create preliminary designs or conceptualization of design.
• Detail drawings for HVAC equipment layouts and schematics.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
• Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
• Strong work ethic.
• Professional/mature demeanor in stressful situations.
Job Type: Full-time