Receiving Quality Technician
- Expired: January 27, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Receiving Quality Technician
Located in West Valley City, UT
Shift: Day Shift - 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Monday - Thursday) & 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Friday)
SilencerCo is looking for an entry-level Receiving Quality Technician! We are willing to train someone with no experience who is eager to learn. SilencerCo's priority is the products we deliver to our customers, and to do that we have high expectations for the precision and durability of our products. The Receiving Quality Technician will receive and process incoming deliveries and assist to inspect outsourced products to ensure that the incoming 3rd party vendor products meet blueprint specifications and other fit, form, and function-related parameters. This individual has a vital job to stop defective material from beginning the manufacturing process.
The Receiving Quality Technician will be responsible to communicate to management when any problem arises with any deliveries, purchase orders or a product that does not conform to blueprint parameters. It is the responsibility of a QA Technician to record measurement data during the incoming inspection such as material composition, dimensional date, cosmetic blemishes, etc.
- Responsible for receiving incoming deliveries
- Read and comprehend blueprints, data, manuals, SOP's or other documentation to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification process, formulas, or measuring instruments required.
- Record the inspection of test data, such as material hardness, surface roughness, measurement/dimensional info and quantities inspected or graded, etc.
- Process the parts/lots in the ERP system, label products and physically move products through the production floor
- Problem solves non-conforming issues with Supervisor and Quality Control to help correct any that arise
- Continually evaluate current processes and make suggestions for improvements. Be a problem solver and take ownership of projects
- Operate our coordinate measuring machine, keyence optical measurement system, surface roughness tester, and other advanced metrology equipment
- Report features or parts that don't conform to print or design intent with a Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR)
- Interpret international standards and specifications such as: International Standards Organization (ISO), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Follow 5S/lean standards.
- Comply with safe work practices; understand work injury procedures, workers comp, and safety standards
- On occasion, the forklift and/or pallet jack will need to be utilized
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing, quality control, or in a related field
- Ability and certification to drive a forklift is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to apply skills both internally and externally.
- Prioritization and document review skills.
- Self-motivated, proven ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Process improvement focus
- Familiarity with SilencerCo product line
- High school diploma
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Competitive salary
- 401(K) with a competitive employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision
- HSA with match and FSA programs
- 100% paid basic life insurance
- Paid time off, with 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Voluntary Products; voluntary life and AD&D, Identity theft protection, short term and long-term disability, telehealth, hospital indemnity, auto, and home insurance
We have an on-site gym, deep industry discounts (including free suppressors), monthly company BBQs, a dog-friendly environment, concealed carry classes and that is just to name a few!
Who are we?
SilencerCo was formed in 2008, when two men in a garage machined, welded, and shaped their dreams into a reality. Now, over 10 years later, SilencerCo is still designing and developing products through unconventional ways to create the best suppressors on the market. The founders were determined to only introduce products to the market that were a significant improvement over existing products. SilencerCo continues with dreams and determination while remaining focused on innovation, creativity, and problem-solving.
SilencerCo is dedicated to creating products that will improve sound reduction levels, durability, and longevity, form and function, ease of use, and maintenance in ways never thought of or achieved.
SilencerCo staked its claim on a large share of the market and strives to increase market share with top-level customer service, innovative products, and the introduction of new products. We aspire to be the benchmark for innovation, marketing, education, and manufacturing for all consumer product companies.
Though we come from all over, every member of the SilencerCo team shares a commitment to creating the strongest brand in the firearms industry. We are passionate about our brand, our jobs, and our craft. We are hunters, shooters, scientists, nomads, engineers, and explorers that create what others can't even dream of.
We lead the firearms suppressor industry and work hard to find highly motivated, performance-driven, innovative employees. We work hard to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can perform at their best.
Why we do what we do
We love suppressors. We believe in saving hearing, reducing recoil, and maintaining situational awareness while shooting and hunting to create a more enjoyable experience. We ultimately question why shooting has to be loud. We never build a "me too" product. We never settle for "good enough," we strive to disrupt. We do what we do because we want better products, because we believe in the 2nd Amendment, and because we are users - we shoot and hunt and want the best experience possible. SilencerCo enjoys the challenge of bringing products to market in a meaningful way that captures immediate market share.
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
Get fresh Quality Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.