Senior R&D Test Engineer
- Expired: January 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
An expert, hands-on R&D Test Engineer with an aptitude and desire for learning new things and making experiments happen. This position will put you at the forefront of Sila's experimental thrusts, with a focus on leading, designing, executing, and analyzing experiments on lab and pilot scale equipment on a growing, dynamic test engineering team.Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct complete R&D projects in collaboration with engineering teams, including test planning, experimental design and preparation,
- execution, analysis, and communication of final results
- Craft and implement effective experimental plans.
- Find failure modes and root causes. Crush them. Be unstoppable.
- Provide insights through hands-on experience, deep knowledge of the equipment, and thorough analysis of experimental data and observations
- Run test platforms. Strive to make them extraordinary.
- Formulate, lead, and facilitate sophisticated data analysis projects
- Exceptional laboratory testing proficiency. Intuition for what will work and ability to execute quickly and effectively
- Experience with complex reactive or thermo-mechanical systems like reactors, generators, or similar machines
- Proven experience in electronics, wiring, and instrumentation (analog signals, AC and DC power fundamentals, control wiring, and diagnostic tools) and experience implementing lab- or field-deployed electronics, sensors, and actuators
- Experience conducting or leading experimental R&D projects
- Experience with developing and deploying new instrumentation and measurement systems
- Experience with data analysis and sufficient language knowledge, or polyglotism, to navigate data platforms in Python3
- A B.S. in engineering or physical sciences
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
- Complete tasks in a noisy environment at times
The starting base pay for this role is between $123,500 and $160,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila's competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
TechnologyView all jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
Get fresh Senior R&D Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.