- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are looking for a business analyst to review, analyze and evaluate the agency’s internal financial accounting system and develop a plan to upgrade the financial accounting software. The ideal candidate will define, document, and manage requirements; manage scope and objectives; asses current business processes; evaluate accounting software; and recommend a solution for modernization.
The successful candidate will provide client-focused support for a high-profile federal agency in Washington DC. This position demands a versatile self-starter with strong intellect, curiosity, initiative, reliability, team cooperation and strong interpersonal skills.
The following are the job responsibilities, requirements, and capabilities for this position:
· Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
· Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
· Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications
· Define and manage system and business requirements
· Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; defining project team; establishing project budget
· Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
· Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
· Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study and ten years of experience preferred
· Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
· Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
· Ability to work independently and with others
· Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
· Experience and understanding of federal accounting processes and requirements
· Software design
· Full life cycle project planning
· Software maintenance
· Process improvement
· Big picture thinking
· Work well under pressure
· Problem solving
· Critical thinking
· Relationship building
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
· U.S. citizenship or three (3) years with green card and U.S. residency required
Only individuals should apply. We are not looking for consulting companies, agencies or recruiters.
SilTek is a cutting-edge, Agile, software engineering and technology firm working on advanced, artificial intelligence-based software in the medical diagnostic space. You will be eligible to receive stock options in this initiative after 6 months of employment. So why just work for a beltway bandit company when you can participate in an exciting venture with the potential to retire early?!
SilTek, Inc.Why Work Here?
Here at SilTek we value our employees and provide outstanding benefits and support development and growth of our staff.
SilTek, Inc. (SilTek) is a highly innovative, woman-owned small business providing software development, enterprise management, and professional services including staffing, legal support, and high-end consulting services, IT/technical services, cyber security and systems development expertise to customers in the federal government and private sector. We have successfully worked with a number of federal agency organizations by providing highly skilled professional experts to provide a range of services that include developing innovative and secure solutions, systems engineering and superior support services that reflect strong technical, management and communications skills.
BusinessView all jobs at SilTek, Inc.