Assistant Branch Manager - Float
- Posted: over a month ago
Why Join the Sikorsky Credit Union Team?
Sikorsky Credit Union has been named the #1 Credit Union in Connecticut in 2021 and 2020. We are one of the largest credit unions in the state, with over $1 billion in assets, and we continue to grow!
If you are passionate about helping people achieve their financial goals and want to make a difference in the local community, we want to hear from you! We are looking for talented people to help us improve the banking experience for our valued members.
Working at Sikorsky Credit Union has its benefits. You’ll enjoy an awesome work-life balance, competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package that includes paid-time off, medical/dental, 401K plan with company match, tuition reimbursement and more! Please check out the details below to learn more about this position.Job Description
Assistant Branch Manager - Float
The Assistant Branch Manager- Float supports the Branch Manager and supervises a team of sales and service professionals in one branch office. This person strives to achieve branch production and operations quality goals while delivering exceptional member service levels.
Key Essential Responsibilities:
- Supervises branch staff daily to ensure team adheres to all internal branch operations policies and procedures.
- Assists branch manager in training and coaching staff. This includes but is not limited to operational, production and service training within the retail team.
- Accountable for achieving all branch and individual production goals established by senior management, including but not limited to: increasing membership, opening and servicing new and existing accounts, originating and closing home loan/consumer loan applications (home equity, auto, personal, credit card, etc.). Cross-sells other Credit Union products and services.
- Actively participates in various Credit Union promotions and community events.
- Acts as manager in the absence of Branch Manager.
- Serves as back up to other staff in different branch locations when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations. Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management and vendors. Demonstrates the Credit Union’s core values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity and Responsibility.
- Performs additional duties as required.
The Assistant Branch Manager - Float works under the direction of the Branch Manager exercising independent judgement and decision making and requires minimal supervision.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements:
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of degree.
2. 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in retail banking or in a Credit Union. 3 years of management and sales experience a plus.
3. Knowledge of federal and state banking laws, regulations and compliance as well as extensive knowledge of banking and lending products and services.
4. Excellent sales, problem solving and communication skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
5. Ability to successfully complete the registration process as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). Notary public designation required within 90 days of employment.
6. Must be available to work evenings and on weekends, as well as alarm calls and ATM servicing. Ability to travel up to 90%.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel. Familiarity with banking and lending software. Lotus Notes experience a plus.
8. Must obtain and maintain the following license / commission: (Obtained Within 90 Days)
- NMLS Certification
- Notary Public
- State of CT Individual Producer License (Credit Insurance)
Sikorsky Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that is proud of its commitment to diversity and inclusion. Therefore, we welcome applicants from all communities, including age, color, ethnicity, familial or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic background.
Sikorsky Financial Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sikorsky Financial Credit Union