Shipping Crating Specialist - Roselle, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
Shipping Crating Specialist
$2,000.00 Sign on Bonus
- Roselle, IL 60172
- Please Note: This position will start off onsite at the current location in Glenview, IL (60026). However, by Spring 2022 the new location for Signode will be Roselle, IL. The Roselle location offers a newer facility, doubling in size and providing an up-to-date, state-of-the-art customer engagement center and more.
- Up to $20 hourly, depending on experience
- Monday - Friday /7:00am-3:30pm
- Health, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- PTO - 3 weeks starting off
- Tuition assistance program
- Career path options
- Scholarship program for children of full-time employees
- Personalized discounts, savings, and rewards program
- Wellness Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Other additional benefits
- High School Diploma and/or GED.
- 2-3 years' experience in similar role.
- Basic understanding of UPS Worldship, FedEx, and DHL websites.
- Basic computer skills.
- Previous fork truck.
- Wood working or experience building crates.
- Previous experience with ERP.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements, but still think this role and Signode are the right fit for you?
Go ahead and apply!
- Good communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Fabricates wooden crates or boxes, using woodworking hand tools, power tools and packs items such as machinery, strapping heads, and other odd-shaped products.
- Read shipping notices and other specifications and inspects product prior to shipping.
- Assembles materials using power tools, hand tools, and nail gun.
- Works closely with machine manufacturing on prioritizing shipments.
- Controls the inventory of crating materials- such as pallets, lumbar, building supplies, etc.
- Follow company policies and all safety rules
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Read and understand the different types of customer orders which includes the customer number, customer's purchase order number, ship to address, bill to address, specified routing, print date and time, all comments, line-item number, part's description, location of part, quantity ordered, quantity shipping and quantity backordered.
- Know the different requirements for shipping priority, international, domestic, distributors, servicemembers and tool repair customers.
- Record line counts totals and time spent in during other warehouse functions.
- Provide office personnel with accurate dimensions and weight for all export orders.
- Consolidate orders according to ship schedule.
- Sign off on incoming freight.
- Load and unload freight.
- Utilize pallet jacks or drive fork trucks.
Signode is a leading transit-packaging provider, offering safe and effective products and solutions to our customers globally.
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world's premier end-of-line packaging company.
Signode Industrial Group
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Signode Industrial Group