This role is responsible for providing key analysis and support to the Equipment & Tools Platform (E&T) leadership team and other stakeholders. The individual will be responsible for monthly financial reporting, as well as management analysis focusing on such areas as sales, gross margin, overhead spending and working capital. In addition, this role will be highly involved in coordinating the annual planning and quarterly forecasting process across the global platform. This role is critical in its ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data in order to support accurate and timely strategic and tactical business decisions.
Essential functions of role:
- Provide weekly sale, bookings and backlog analysis to the E&T leadership team for use in short-term and mid-term decision making
- Key participant in the monthly financial close process for the Platform:
- Compile, analyze and issue monthly report to E&T leadership team
- Coordinate the monthly P&L and Balance Sheet fluctuation analysis for the platform
- Prepare presentations and participate in monthly operations review with Signode Corporate
- Support business unit financial groups across the globes by simplifying and standardizing information requests, explaining reporting requirements and providing direction as needed
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting required
- 5+ years of progressive financial experience
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to efficiently mine and summarize large amounts of data is imperative
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy, while at the same time being able to work with incomplete data
- Strong written and verbal communication; able to build relationships across various geographic regions, business units, functions and organizational levels within Signode
- Sense of urgency; has a bias for action
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity while still accomplishing goals and tasks
- Track record of career ambition and personal development
- Willingness for some business travel (less than 25%), including international locations
- Master’s degree and / or financial professional designation preferred
Preferred Computer skills
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with Microsoft Access or other data base management systems preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of financial consolidation systems such as OneStream, Hyperion Financial Management, Longview, or Prophix is preferred
From operations and manufacturing experts to sales and marketing pros, we always are on the lookout for top talent.
What’s more, our business of industrial bulk packaging exists to help other companies do business. Any company that packs and transports goods via commercial trucks, railcars, ships or airfreight knows our brands.
Our company’s heritage goes back more than 100 years. Our products are sold around the world in developed and emerging markets under well-known and trusted brand names, including Signode, Strapex, Orgapack, Angleboard, Fleetwood and Mima Systems.
Our employees work with these core values in mind:
Integrity – All suppliers and customers are treated with honesty and transparency.
Respect – Our diverse work force across many countries represents many different cultures, languages and experiences. Our employees embrace the richness of those differences.
Trust – We trust that our colleagues operate with professional standards and the best interest of the company at all times.
Shared Risk – We work as a team, sharing responsibility for outcomes of decisions, including those that require taking risks and encouraging new ideas.
Simplicity – We encourage employees to stay focused on the essential core of any business opportunity, challenge or issue.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Signode Industrial Group provides a comprehensive benefits package. Specific benefits vary worldwide and are based on regional needs, but below are some common features of the U.S. benefit program.
Medical and dental benefits
401(k) retirement savings program
Paid vacation and holidays
Employee assistance program
Aleron companies (Broadleaf Results and TalentRISE) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.