Signode in Latta, SC is currently looking for an experienced Production Night Shift Supervisor for our night shift. We have a strong commitment to safety, quality, customer satisfaction, productivity, and our people. We offer competitive wages, a complete benefit package and the opportunity for challenging work in a team-oriented environment.
This position will report directly to the Operations manager. Our facility operates 24/7, as such the successful candidate will be flexible as well as a solid communicator with other shifts, leadership, and support groups. If you are dedicated to safety in all you, and your direct reports do, have proven leadership skills, are detail orientated, possess a strong work ethic and can work in a fast-paced environment, you may be an ideal candidate.
Essential Job Functions:
The Production Supervisor oversees all aspects of day to day production and manufacturing personnel activities, leads team meetings, and facilitates continuous improvements in the process with emphasis on quality, reduction of cost and waste. S/he is responsible for ensuring the production of a quality product and meeting production/customer specifications while achieving plant productivity objectives.
Ability to identify and correct unsafe situations and/or behaviors and model safety in all you do.
- A team player possessing excellent communication skills and having the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Assess situations, make judgments, analyze problems (not just symptoms), make logical decisions and carry out the decisions made.
- Work as a team with other Supervisors to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Thoroughly communicate all needed information with the other shifts.
- Work with Plant Management, maintenance, Quality, and Engineering to solve production challenges.
- Enforce company policies and rules. Ensure safe working conditions and rectify any issues.
- Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline, and measuring of employees' performance as necessary to complete evaluations (including temporary staffing).
- Supervise overall plant operations by planning, prioritizing, organizing, and delegating work effectively.
- Troubleshoot production lines and coach Line Operators.
- Ensure the general operating procedures and guidelines are followed in production by all shift personnel.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
- Ensure the organization is in place and that all individuals within the organization have their roles clearly understood. Work with Group Leaders to achieve the targets of each key operational indicator.
- Participate as required in Continuous Improvement teams and provide leadership and support to teams in their efforts to meet and exceed targeted capital costs.
- Employ the principles of Lean manufacturing for elimination of waste and optimization of labor efficiencies.
Education and Work Experience requirements:
- 5 years of proven supervisory and leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- HS diploma or GED is required
- Strong decision making-skills and proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to conduct crucial conversations
- MS Word, PP, Excel computer experience
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts including weekends and holidays
- Training will take place on 1st Shift for several weeks
Education and Work Experience preferred:
- 10 years of manufacturing experience is preferred
- 2-year or 4-year college degree is a plus
- Experience in Extrusion manufacturing facility is preferred
- Paid vacation, Floating Holidays and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings program w/company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee assistance program
- Opportunities for advancement
More about Signode:
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit.
Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
From operations and manufacturing experts to sales and marketing pros, we always are on the lookout for top talent.
What’s more, our business of industrial bulk packaging exists to help other companies do business. Any company that packs and transports goods via commercial trucks, railcars, ships or airfreight knows our brands.
Our company’s heritage goes back more than 100 years. Our products are sold around the world in developed and emerging markets under well-known and trusted brand names, including Signode, Strapex, Orgapack, Angleboard, Fleetwood and Mima Systems.
Our employees work with these core values in mind:
Integrity – All suppliers and customers are treated with honesty and transparency.
Respect – Our diverse work force across many countries represents many different cultures, languages and experiences. Our employees embrace the richness of those differences.
Trust – We trust that our colleagues operate with professional standards and the best interest of the company at all times.
Shared Risk – We work as a team, sharing responsibility for outcomes of decisions, including those that require taking risks and encouraging new ideas.
Simplicity – We encourage employees to stay focused on the essential core of any business opportunity, challenge or issue.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Signode Industrial Group provides a comprehensive benefits package. Specific benefits vary worldwide and are based on regional needs, but below are some common features of the U.S. benefit program.
Medical and dental benefits
401(k) retirement savings program
Paid vacation and holidays
Employee assistance program
Aleron companies (Broadleaf Results and TalentRISE) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.