Signode Industrial Group Glenview, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents, and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit.
Headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, we are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc.
From operations and manufacturing experts to sales and marketing pros, we always are on the lookout for top talent.
Currently Signode is looking for Accounts Receivable & CollectionsSpecialist as a team member of Finance Shared Service Center in Glenview, IL.
- This individual will be responsible for accurate and timely customer payment application achieved by utilizing knowledge of company products, internal processes and business relationships. This position will focus on application of cash payments made by Signode customers relating to their various contracts.
- Conduct daily collection calls to customers and sales representatives. Reconcile activity for a larger and higher profile territory of accounts that may include National Accounts, High Profile Accounts or Specialty type accounts.
- Interface with customers, Sales Representatives, Sales Managers. Notify sales personnel of potential problem accounts, blocked orders and reconciliation issues such as short pays, short ships and tax issues. Identify and manage Credit Risk.
- Run aging reports and work reports to resolution for the assigned territory. This includes aging reports, unapplied cash reports, short pay reports, unapplied credit reports, aged items over 180 days and miscellaneous project related reports.
- Make calls on a daily basis, contacting customers, working with the Sales Representatives and/or Managers and escalating problem accounts to departmental management. Provide weekly/monthly updates to management.
- Communicate with both internal and external customers, while handling a consistent stream of inbound and outbound collection calls for their assigned portfolio, as well as from the collection queue. Communicate as needed with top management at the customer level and internally.
- Provide daily reconciliation on accounts to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the A/R. These include, but are not limited to, analyzing and processing offsets and write off requests, pulling check copies to confirm correct application of payments, and working with the sales force on pricing and freight issues.
- Communicate any potential problem accounts to the respective Sales Representative, Manager, and Supervisor as appropriate on follow up and notice in writing are critical.
- Monitor credit limits and identify and escalate any account that is at or exceeded their credit limit to the respective supervisor or manager for further review.
- Maintain credit exposure on accounts and request additional credit information as needed. Evaluate credit information received to assign appropriate credit limits within established parameters. This evaluation may include the retrieval and review of financial statements, D&B Reports and bank and trade references.
Signode offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 3 years commercial credit and/or collection experience with large volume, high profile accounts.
- Experience in communicating with all levels and handling customer interaction.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Experience using ERP financial software (Dynamics AX or Great Plaines preferred)
- Advanced knowledge level of Credit and Collections.
- Experience interpreting D&B reports, reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills
- Must be team player with positive attitude
- Ability to work independently in a team environment with little management oversight
- Ability to interface with employees in various levels of management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be willing to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and at times lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position offers a regular accounts payable working environment.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned.
Signode Industrial Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Signode Industrial Group