Maintenance Technician D performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train and steering systems. The Maintenance Technician B may also perform basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day;
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery;
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Serve your community and your customers
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages
- Health, Dental, Vision, STD LTD and Life Insurance.
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the Company’s equipment is returned to operation in a safe and efficient manner.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company..
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8 trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3 months.
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems: suspensions & steering; general engine, transmissions, brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive train, diesel emissions.
Signature Waste Systems IncCharlotte, NC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.