Retail Merchandising Technician
Lake Charles, LA
Retail Merchandising Technician
VHE Lake Charles, LA
Search for a job near you using the Zip Code search below.
Part Time Retail Merchandising Service Technician positions now available in your area!
Highly competitive hourly pay based on experience.
Retail Merchandising Service Technicians represent well known brands and complete a variety of merchandising activities in home centers and hardware stores like LOWE'S, and The Home Depot. Service activities include installing and maintaining store displays, stocking shelves, building and resetting product to current layout or plan-o-gram, sharing product knowledge, and communicating with store employees. This work is completed on weekdays.
Store service activity focus in the Fashion Lighting Department will include the following
- Wiring - installing displays; majority of stores use "plug in connector" system. Basic wiring experience is helpful.
- Bulbing - replacing bulbs in displays.
- Cleaning - dusting and or wiping down displays.
- Planogram integrity including price labels, display signs, and maintenance.
- Down stocking - keeping bays and displays full.
- Current or previous home center experience servicing the lighting or ceiling fan department is a plus!
- Direct retail and or merchandising experience in Lowes, The Home Depot, Ace Hardware or retailers such as Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, Dollar Tree, Petsmart, Staples, Safeway, Kroger, Publix, etc.
- Correcting inventory levels and ensuring products are set to current layout or plan-o-gram.
- Cutting in new products, refreshing bays and down stocking.
- End cap and display assembly and construction.
- Have basic hand tools and a cordless drill.
- Locating promotional pallet displays on the sales floor.
- Sharing product knowledge information with store associates and customers.
- Printing and placing price labels and Point of Purchase materials.
- Able to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- Must be able to perform repetitive bending, standing, walking and be able to push, pull and lift materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable using rolling staircase ladders to service and maintain displays.
- Ability to travel to retail locations during scheduled work days using a personal car.
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance listing your name as the insured driver is required.
- Smart phone or tablet (apple or android) with internet access.
- Ability to work a fixed or flex schedule based on the client's needs.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Direct deposit of pay checks every 2 weeks.
- Auto/Mileage & Gas reimbursement plan.
- Paid drive time.
- Personal mobile phone allowance.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Annual performance review.
- 401 (k) Plan with employer matching program.
- Highly competitive hourly pay based on experience.
Signature Retail Services is the industry's premier retail merchandising & services company operating throughout the US.
Signature Retail Services is the industry's premier merchandising & fixture installation organization. We operate across all 50 States utilizing our highly trained, experienced teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.
After you create a profile with us, one of our Recruiters will reach out to you either by text, email or phone within 24 to 48 hours.
The ideal Applicant will have a valid driver's license, current auto insurance, a personal car or truck, be able to lift 50-70 pounds without assistance and have 1 year of retail experience.
Feel free to text us at (630) 687-8122 to check on your application.