Signature Pointe is now accepting applications for a Director of Healthcare Services. The primary role of the Director of Healthcare Services is to direct the day-to-day functions of the skilled nursing facility in accordance with current federal, state, and local standard, guidelines, and regulations that govern nursing facilities to assure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure current federal, state, and local government guidelines are met.
- Ensure excellent care for residents is maintained by overseeing and monitoring patient care services.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the skilled nursing facility’s programs and activities in accordance with guidelines.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures and professional standards of practice that govern the operation of the skilled nursing facility.
- Assist the HR Director and department directors in development of performance-based job evaluations.
- Assist department directors in the development, use, and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and professional standards of practice.
- Maintain a good public relations program that serves the best interest of the facility and community alike.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent department directors, supervisors, facility- non-licensed staff, consultants, etc.
- Ensure that the resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights are always well established and maintained.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is necessary. A degree in Public Health Administration or Business Administration, or a health-related degree is preferred but not required.
- Unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license required.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Requires the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administration.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Requires knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines governing personnel administration.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports, etc.
- Knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
Salary based upon Experience
Why Work Here?Signature Pointe is distinctive senior living. Signature Pointe is a warm and inviting community. Located in prestigious North Dallas, offering a full continuum of retirement lifestyle choices--independent living, assisted living, memory care, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and long term care. Signature Pointe is simply the mark of great senior living.
Awesome Management, Great Teamwork, and Lots of Growth Opportunities