Signature Health, Inc. is seeking an Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry to join their team!
Reporting to the Medical Director of Psychiatry, and ultimately the Chief Medical Officer, the Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry provides medical and clinical leadership to ensure the highest standards of psychiatric and behavioral health care are provided to patients of the facility. The Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry directly supervises psychiatric and addiction medicine treatment providers, and provides clinical oversight and consultation to the facility?s clinical teams. The Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry works collaboratively with other clinical leaders to implement new procedures, protocols, and best practices, as well as facilitate cross-discipline team approach to medical care. Additionally, the Associate Medical Director of Psychiatry assures that the facility is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to the practice of psychiatry and addiction medicine.
- Serves as the location?s psychiatric clinical lead, responding to clinical and administrative concerns from providers, patients, and staff.
- In consultation with designated leadership, consults and assists with the implementation of the organization?s Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Plan.
- Conducts regular provider meetings at the facility, focused on achieving excellent quality and departmental communication.
- Attends administrative meetings as needed, including but not limited to medical leadership, quality improvement, peer review, site leadership, and electronic medical record development.
- Provides clinical review, consultation, and recommendations for the development of new clinical protocols, best practices, programs, and electronic medical record enhancements.
- Provides clinical direction and oversight for the management of provider departures, including coordination of continuing care for patients.
- Serves as a collaborating provider for advance practice registered nurses, supervising physician for physician assistants, and supervisor for students and residents as requested.
- In consultation with the Coordinator of Learning and Development, assists with ensuring positive training experiences for Health Professional Students completing rotations at the facility.
- Ensures facility compliance with policies and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to timely and accurate completion of provider documentation, sample medication handling, and other requirements set forth by CARF, HRSA, FTCA, OMHAS, and the State Medical Board of Ohio.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Agency from time to time that are commensurate with professional services normally and customarily performed by a physician/clinician leader.
- Provides ongoing consultation and management for assigned patients as requested or as necessary in accordance with accepted standards of psychiatric practice.
- Provides psychiatric services on the days and at the times established and scheduled by Signature Health. Our expectation is that the Psychiatrist's schedule will be maximized during his/her clinical schedule in order to best serve all our clients in need.
- Refers patients to other services within the agency, other physicians, including specialists and other health care providers, when and if needed.
- Maintains competence in his/her area of specialty by attending professional conventions or seminars as well as participating in educational activities offered by professional societies on a reasonable basis.
- Provides coverage when other physician employees/contractors are unavailable due to vacations, holidays, illness, other personal or professional absences, or as required by Signature Health.
- Psychiatrist will be available to take calls as assigned by the Agency.
- Timely reports incidents, including major unusual incidents, and other information required to appropriate governmental authorities and as required for Agency reporting.
- Participates in Agency required quality assurance, peer review, compliance, and credentialing/privileging activities.
- In exercising his/her clinical duties, Psychiatrist will follow all policies and procedures of the Agency, ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations and security requirements.
- Promotes the professional practice of the Agency.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ohio Licensed Physician, in good standing upon effective date of employment.
- MD or DO
- Full prescriptive powers in Ohio with a DEA license
- Active DATA 2000 Waiver to prescribe approved medications for the treatment of opioid use disorder, with willingness to apply to increase to maximum patient limits when eligible
- Current BLS certification or the ability to obtain certification prior to start date
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry
- Additionally Board Certified Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist preferred
- One year experience progressively responsible, relevant managerial experience preferred
- Communicates effectively
- Forms positive relationships with others
- Demonstrates awareness of diversity and its influence
Licenses & Certifications (Preferred)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Med
- Doctor Of Medicine
Signature Health Inc.