Mortgage Loan Officer
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union Kensington, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Real Estate/Mortgage Loan Officer
Signal Financial is a progressive and growing Credit Union with over 21,000 members and more than $470 million in assets. We are committed to building a new way of banking for our current and future members in the Washington Metro area. Our goal is to be a progressive multi-billion-dollar financial institution by re-inventing the way we operate, particularly when it comes to enhancing the membership experience. We aim to do this by being innovative, creative and nimble in offering distinctive products and services.
The Real Estate Lending Loan Officer is responsible for the development of referral business, leads and relationships with individuals, past clients, credit union SEGs, real estate professionals and the branch network to generate new loan volume. The Loan Officer also ensures administrative and operational compliance with regulatory requirements and Signal Financial Federal Credit Union policies and procedures. Leads and referrals will be provided from internal sources (branches, call center, marketing), however there is an expectation to cultivate business from outside sources as well.
- Proactively generate purchase and refinance loan volume to meet or exceed Signal Financial FCU production goals.
- Participate in community efforts and seminars to promote Signal and educate members about various topics related to mortgages and homeownership
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with various referral sources such as realtor offices, accounting firms, home shows, and other business partners.
- Provide mortgage solutions to existing and prospective Signal Financial FCU members
- Meet with members as necessary during various stages of the loan process
- Provide complete loan application packages to the Real Estate Lending Operations Team
- Ensure exceptional member experience by overseeing loan process from origination through closing while providing on-going communication and status updates to members, agents and business partners
- Ensure a positive loan application process for prospective borrowers:
- Meet with prospective borrowers
- Review / Analyze credit and financial data
- Determine borrower financing objectives and goals
- Discuss appropriate SFFCU products and programs and explain guidelines
- Present pricing/lock terms to borrowers
- Identify appropriate opportunities to offer additional credit union products
- Collect supporting loan documentation as required and provide complete package to Loan Processor
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines and regulatory compliance requirements
- Interact closely with management, loan processors, underwriters and loan closers to achieve division goals in turn time, pull through, and member satisfaction.
- Provide leadership through personal actions and day-to-day practices that support our core values.
- A minimum of three to five years of mortgage industry experience with a focus on generating new business
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred
- Must demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and FHA guidelines as well as credit union lending policies, procedures, and regulations
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the requirements and features of the mortgage loan programs offered by SFFCU, other private investors, and the secondary mortgage market
- Strong time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong loan math calculation skills including the use of automated spreadsheet development and basic analytics required
- Analytical decision-making ability with attention to detail
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work as required
- PC proficient to include: Office 365 products - Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity with mortgage loan origination systems and processing software. Symitar Episys preferred
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer.
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Signal Financial Federal Credit Union