AVP Commercial Credit Analyst
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union Kensington, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AVP Commercial Credit Analyst - Business Services
Signal Financial is a progressive and growing Credit Union with over 21,000 members and more than $470 million in assets. We are committed to building a new way of banking for our current and future members in the Washington Metro area. Our goal is to be a progressive multi-billion-dollar financial institution by re-inventing the way we operate, particularly when it comes to enhancing the membership experience. We aim to do this by being innovative, creative and nimble in offering distinctive products and services.
Responsible for growth in commercial deposit and loan portfolios. Originate and underwrite commercial loan facilities including business acquisition, commercial real estate mortgages, construction mortgage requests, equipment/asset purchases, short term/permanent working capital, and start-up business requests.
Analyze and update credit proposals to determine and analyze risk involved in extending credit to prospective and existing member businesses. Analyze all credit and financial reports to support credit requests. Prepare annual review of credit decisions for commercial lenders. Ensure compliance with credit union policies, procedures and practices. Act as department systems technical expert and provide guidance and training to staff as needed.
- Thoroughly and comprehensively reviews and analyze varied and detailed financial information supporting credit requests from potential and current borrowers and assign appropriate risk rating. Prepare credit memorandums.
- Examine, evaluate, authorize or recommend approval of member applications for commercial loans and lines of credit. Review periodically for required updated financial information and field visits.
- Determine expected profitability of loans and loan proposals following extensive review and analysis. Review includes trend analysis, income growth, quality of management, and market share. Proposals are completed in compliance with the credit union's policies and procedures.
- Periodically review existing extensions of credit regularly to ensure continued risk and profitability. Make recommendations to commercial loan officers regarding risk ratings.
- Prepare extensive reports for business services department including but not limited to call reports, portfolio concentration and CAP analysis.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and training to the business services department
- Provide ongoing management of the commercial loan portfolio to include, but not limited, management of loan maturities, management of past due borrowers, management of periodic site visits, collecting past due financial statements, and perform annual loan reviews
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Five to ten years of similar or related experience
- Four-year college degree or comparable work experience
- Strong knowledge of commercial credit principles and pertinent laws and regulations
- Excellent business, financial statement, collateral analysis and research skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience with financial spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to train others
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer.
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Signal Financial Federal Credit Union