Unarmed Security Officer
Signal 88 Security of San Diego San Diego, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Unarmed Security Officers are to observe and report. The security officer conducts foot and /or vehicle patrols assigned location that may consist of of courtyards, offices, pools, stairwells, and other high value areas to ensure all required access points are properly secured and to ensure protection of property and residents with assertiveness, a high degree of attentiveness to details and safety.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting on safety issues, people and vehicles present, perimeter issues, unsecured areas
- Write clear, detailed, accurate reports in line with our Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines set forth by clients to document what was observed during every tour of duty.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; monitor the assigned property, staying vigilant to detect unauthorized vehicles, trespassers or individuals loitering and provide a professional deterrence and calming presence.
- Conduct physical security checks and security sweeps ensuring all access points have been secured properly.
- Conduct all duties with highest level of professionalism, tenacity and a superior work ethic with a willingness to carry out orders and not take shortcuts.
- Check for maintenance issues such as area lighting, malfunctioning equipment and hardware, and hazards to health and property.
- All patrols and routing are conducted through our software. Officers are required to learn the software and use it in the appropriate manner to maintain efficiency and submit well written reports in real time.
Qualifications and Skills
- A high school degree or GED
- Successfully complete background investigation and post offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Valid Driver's License and Clean driving record
- Military / Police / Security experience a plus (not mandatory)
- Completion of all online and on job training
- Complies with all uniform requirements according to the S88 Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to learn and use new software efficiently
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices.
- Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions, work under stress, and work under austere conditions.
- Ability to conform to established procedures and to help identify and solve problems.
- Willing to work flexible schedule
- Willing to work Overtime
- A great attitude is a must
- High school diploma or equivalent
- BSIS Issued CA Guard Card
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license (Vehicle Patrol Officers must be able to provide proof of clean driving record from DMV)
- Possession of a "Smart" phone and frequent access to a computer with internet capabilities
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- Must be able to work weekends and Holidays
Signal 88 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and not to discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. The executive staff and all managerial personnel are committed to this policy and its enforcement.
Signal 88 Security may communicate with candidates who apply for employment via email, phone call or texting. By submitting an application you agree to be contacted through these channels.
Powered by JazzHR
Signal 88 Security of San Diego
AddressSan Diego, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Signal 88 Security of San Diego