Space Supply Chain SME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sigmatech, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and motivated candidate to support the tracking and reporting of issues and trends within the space supply chain. This position is in direct support to the office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Space Acquisition and Integration (SAF/SQ) in Arlington, VA. SAF/SQ has overall responsibility for Department of the Air Force (DAF) space systems acquisition and architectures oversight as well as integration of allied, civil, and commercial space capabilities into USSF architectures. These responsibilities are carried out in close collaboration with the Chief of Space Operations (CSO) and the USSF staff. SAF/SQ also serves as the Space Service Acquisition Executive (SAE) and oversees and directs the activities of the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (SpRCO), Space Systems Command (SSC), and the Space Development Agency (SDA). SAF/SQ's guiding objectives are to (1) drive speed into space acquisitions, (2) make our space architecture more resilient, (3) integrate our space architecture with other war fighting domains, (4) drive program management discipline across our acquisitions, and (5) ensure that space and ground acquisitions are time phased to optimize operational availability. Achieving these objectives requires a workforce with broadly diverse and deep skills in system engineering, program management, architecture analysis, program planning and budgeting, and executive level communications and support.
Responsibilities for this position shall include but are not limited to:
* Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with space industrial base stakeholders to include prime manufactures and all tiers of subcomponent suppliers.
* Tracking and reporting on space supply chain issues, risks, and opportunities that impact DAF/USSF space system acquisition programs as well as US civil, commercial, intelligence community, and allied acquisitions that the USSF will leverage for operations.
* Tracking and reporting on Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortage (DMSMS) issues that impact the space supply chain, as well as offer mitigation options to avoid DMSMS impacts.
* Maintaining cognizance of and reporting space component parts obsolescence issues that could impact the space industrial base.
* Tracking and reporting on non-defense space acquisitions that could stress or overwhelm the space supply chain upon which DAF/USSF space acquisition programs depend.
* Liaising with Space Systems Command, the Space Development Agency, and the Space Rapid Capabilities Office to understand those stakeholder organizations' supply chain issues and risks.
* Tracking and reporting on space component quality deficiencies and risks.
* Maintaining currency of industry and intelligence community reporting on foreign interference with the US space supply chain.
* Providing short notice, quick-reaction analyses of critical issues in the context of Congressional, OSD Staff, Joint Staff, HQ USSF, Major Air Command (MAJCOM), allied, and commercial activities.
* Supporting the full spectrum of DoD, JS, DAF and HQ USSF acquisition, architectures, requirements, and capability integration review and oversight processes.
Monitoring on-going studies, analyses, and developmental work relevant to space systems.
BusinessView all jobs at Sigmatech, Inc.
Get fresh Supply jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.