Sigmatech, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Action Officer to support the office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Space Acquisition and Integration (SAF/SQ) in Arlington, VA. SAF/SQ has overall responsibility for Department of the Air Force (DAF) space systems acquisition and architectures oversight as well as integration of allied, civil, and commercial space capabilities into United States Space Force (USSF) architectures. These responsibilities are carried out in close collaboration with the Chief of Space Operations (CSO) and the USSF staff. SAF/SQ also serves as the Space Service Acquisition Executive (SAE) and oversees and directs the activities of the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (SpRCO), Space Systems Command (SSC), and the Space Development Agency (SDA). SAF/SQ's guiding objectives are to (1) drive speed into space acquisitions, (2) make our space architecture more resilient, (3) integrate our space architecture with other war fighting domains, (4) drive program management discipline across our acquisitions, and (5) ensure that space and ground acquisitions are time phased to optimize operational availability. Achieving these objectives requires a workforce with broadly diverse and deep skills in system engineering, program management, architecture analysis, program planning and budgeting, and executive level communications and support.
The Action Officer supports the SAF/SQ organization by overseeing and directing the receipt, assignment, tracking and closure of all internal and external tasks. The Action Officer manages the staff action tracking system, coordinates special programs actions, and facilitates and guides congressional actions. The Action Officer establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and other stakeholders of the organization both internally and externally. The selected candidate should thrive in a work environment with high expectations and be able to manage diverse assignments with attention to details.
* Perform administrative tasks including maintaining records, schedules, and correspondence.
* Manage staff actions for the supported office using the Task Management Tool (TMT) application.
* Analyze incoming tasks and assign responsibility for their completion to the appropriate staff section.
* Monitor progress on actions; generate metrics to demonstrate accountability for meeting deadlines and quality expectations; prepare periodic reports on action status and keep leadership aware of late, pending, new actions.
* Coordinate responses and assess for accuracy prior to senior management review.
* Manage and execute the action tracking process.
* Draft, proofread, edit and provide final review of internal and external correspondence.
* Manage records generated during the execution of the organization's projects and programs in accordance with Federal laws and regulations, as well as military Directives and Instruction.
* Lead, develop, and streamline organizational support functions.
* Must have an active TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
* Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of directly relevant work experience.
* Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan, track, and maintain due dates for multiple tasks and products central to the organization's business processes.
* Familiarity with task management (i.e., task assignment, tracking, and status reporting) applications such as Task Management Tool (TMT) or Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS).
* Exemplary writing and editing skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environments while maintaining flexibility and versatility.
* Experience working successfully with senior executives at multiple organizational levels.
* Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office and other standard computer applications.
* Experience fostering stable and productive working relationships that communicate expectations and promote cooperation.
* Experience communicating effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
* Ability to work collaboratively with personnel at all levels of the customer organization to deliver results; strong networking, interpersonal, and customer service skills are key.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran