Functional Manager - Power Distribution Design (Remote)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Functional Manager - Power Distribution Design (Remote)
Sigma Technologies is a consulting and design firm in the telecommunications and power utility industries. For this role, we are providing services to power companies. We're in need of knowledgeable, already-skilled staff to join our program teams.
Are you searching for a Company that not only challenges you but also makes a real difference for millions of people? Do you want to work in a supportive team environment based on strong values? Apply with us!
We offer our associates comprehensive and affordable benefits to help them stay healthy, happy, and secure including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Depending on the plan the company may contribute up to 80% of the plan premium
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Time
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
Second-level management role, managing Design Supervisors and other subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/department milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Please note: This position can work fully remotely, but new hires are required to come to our main office in Perrysburg, OH for an initial 2 week in-person paid orientation and training period.
The Functional Manager:
· Ensures team meets milestones and completes projects within established timeline and budget.
· Evaluates issues, provides resolution, and communicates to management.
· Ensures all program/project(s), initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and strategic objectives.
· Develop the Subject Matter Expert (SME) expertise required for the subject matter (customer/product/tools, etc…)
· Utilizes FEMA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis) as a proactive method for evaluating a process to identify where and how it might fail, in order to identify the parts of the process that are most in need of change.
· Project-specific task tracking
· Develops working and practical knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry standards, and company strategic objectives and ensures products, program/project(s) are developed and implemented consistent with these requirements.
· Determine the abilities and capacities of resources needed to meet the current demand of work and project future requirements
· Monitor and report on labor utilization factors.
· Identify and implement best practices for maximizing labor utilization and resource management.
· Responsible for identifying, setting up, and continuous improvement of specifications, processes, quality standards, and metrics/estimates for all products within the assigned function.
· Responsible for mentoring, training, and professional development of subordinate management and associate-level team members.
· Responsible for day-to-day supervisor support in personnel performance management, including reviews, improvement plans, and disciplinary actions for their department.
Competencies/Skills: Cost Management | Operations Management | Process Optimization | Risk Control | Organizational Goal Setting | Operational Policy Development | Project Scheduling | Project Status Reporting |Requirements:
· Education Requirements – High School Diploma or equivalent is required, a post-secondary degree is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience Requirements - A minimum of 5 years of experience with engineering, operations, and /or project management in power utility design. A minimum of 3 years of direct people management experience, with the proven ability to lead, motivate, and influence associates. Experience with managing Supervisors is strongly preferred.
· Experience in the application of Project Management Institute project management techniques or equivalent.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate team efforts, provide guidance and direction to team members, and the ability to establish and sustain relationships with colleagues and employees at all levels in the company
· Demonstrated skill in motivating and influencing others as well as skills and experience in team building, and conflict management.
· Available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and occasional evening and weekend work may be required as duties demand.
· Willing and able to travel as needed, including overnight travel.
· Dependable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance
· Able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
· Computer literate – especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Authorized to work in the United States
· Must be able to endure frequent, lengthy periods of sedentary work and sit for prolonged periods of time.
· Must be able to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
· Must have the physical ability to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing notes, and viewing a computer terminal; these activities require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Must have the physical ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, often in a group setting.
· Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
This job advertisement should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of a job. The individual may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this advertisement.
This document does not constitute an employment agreement between Sigma and the employee and is subject to change by Sigma as the needs of the organization and/or the requirements of the function change.
Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee’s race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.
Sigma Technologies, Ltd.
27096 Oakmead DriveColumbus, OH
Transportation and Storage
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.