Technical Advisor IV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Where You Will Work:
Sigma Science, Inc. (Sigma) is a New Mexico-based, 8(a) certified small business that provides comprehensive engineering and technology services to federal and commercial clients. We solve our client’s most demanding challenges by hiring best-in-class leaders and employees, and partnering with trusted companies, industry leaders, and universities. Since 1996, we have delivered technical expertise and innovative solutions to complex problems across the national security enterprise, with a focus on the nuclear industry. The key to our success is our people. Join our dynamic team as we provide industry recognized experts in a wide variety of technical fields including nuclear surety & safety, information technology & cybersecurity, mission assurance, nuclear security & non-proliferation, and environmental management.
Sigma Science is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an oversight role for work being carried out by an industry recognized engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) company located in Greenville, SC. This EPC company is subcontracted to a prime contractor as part of a team of integrated engineering organizations completing the preliminary and final design work valued at more than $1 billion for a large capital project underway at the DOE Savannah River Site.
What You Will Do:
- Assess the EPC company in their performance of design to include verification of:
- Compliance with approved design processes and procedures
- Compliance with design input requirements
- Design quality
- Integration of safety and security in design
- Integration of design with the design produced by other design agents on the design team
- Appropriate configuration management as the design is progressed
- Constructability of design outputs and appropriate identification inspection and testing requirements
- Assess the performance of the prime contractor in their management and oversight of the EPC company
- Provide weekly reports to the NNSA on the activities/deliverables assessed, the results, and recommended corrective actions where needed
- Provide support reviews of contractor invoices, vouchers, and other monthly cost reports for reasonable, allocable, and allowable compliance
- Perform technical assessments/reviews in accordance with the Savannah River PMO Conduct of Assessment and Management Procedure. These reviews will include Formal Project Design Reviews at Critical Decision points per DOE O 413.3B, as well as day-to-day reviews of individual project deliverables, technical drawings, specifications, and calculations
- Provide technical support for the management and coordination of projects by reviewing and analyzing technical/scientific and programmatic issues, activities, and making recommendations regarding the activities to the Federal Project Director
- Provide recommendations to NNSA on opportunities for improvement and critical work scopes with the corresponding rationale
- Evaluate the integration of the contractor’s project team for adequacy and efficiency
Conduct of Engineering and Engineering Management Support Tasks
- Lead or support major periodic design reviews and perform extensive evaluations of design packages for technical adequacy, integration, and maturity
- Perform detailed review of contractor engineering deliverables including but not limited to design system, processes, procedures, design criteria, drawings, calculations, and specifications
- Shadow and assess contractor assurance assessments of engineering subject matter activities
- Conduct or participate in subject matter project awareness and walk-through activities, including walking design spaces and conferring with engineers.
Integrated Project Management and Control Tasks
- Review and analyze the Monthly Reports and associated Variance Reports for validation and/or correction of cost and schedule performance
- Conduct independent analyses of cost and schedule information and project control systems and processes, including the Earned Value Management System
- Develop and or support Independent Cost Estimates (ICE) and Independent Cost Reviews (ICR)
- Review, evaluate, and develop cost and price estimates and analyses for Request for Equitable Adjustments (REA). Develop independent scope, cost & schedule estimates in support of the FPD
- Deliverables for all items noted above include assessment plans and associated briefings and reports
- Provide or support the FPD and PMO in preparation and execution of the Project Change Control Board
What You Need (Minimum Requirements):
This position requires a broad base of engineering management and project controls experience on large federal/commercial nuclear projects, including the following:
- Must possess a degree in an Engineering, Science, or related discipline. An advanced degree is a plus
- Must have a minimum of 20 years of directly relevant technical experience (EPC Design) and experience must be considered as Subject Matter Expert throughout the DOE or Commercial Nuclear Complex
- Experience must include a detailed history demonstrating the ability to resolve difficult technical issues to satisfactory and successful conclusion
- Knowledge of DOE projects and associated requirements
- Knowledge and experience in development, maintenance, and analysis of integrated project schedules and Primavera P6
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) processes and requirements
- Knowledge in project budget and cost management
- Experience directly related to nuclear design and construction is preferred.
U.S. Citizenship is required
This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sigma Science prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or veteran status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Sigma Science