Nuclear Facility Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Where You Will Work:
Sigma Science is a New Mexico-based, 8(a) certified small business that provides comprehensive engineering and technology services to federal and commercial clients. We solve our client’s most demanding challenges by hiring best-in-class leaders and employees, and partnering with trusted companies, industry leaders, and universities. Since 1996, we have delivered technical expertise and innovative solutions to complex problems across the national security enterprise, with a focus on the nuclear industry. The key to our success is our people. Join our dynamic team as we provide industry recognized experts in a wide variety of technical fields including nuclear surety & safety, information technology & cybersecurity, mission assurance, nuclear security & non-proliferation, and environmental management.
The Nuclear Facility Systems Engineer will provide engineering support for the Combined Radiation Environments for Survivability Testing (CREST), which is a proposed project to provide an advanced nuclear reactor facility.
What You Will Do:
- Support pre-conceptual systems engineering design efforts
- Manage the interfaces between the individual design functions (i.e., reactor, accelerator, fuel stewardship, and facility)
- Refine technical and functional requirements derived for the designs
- Model/calculate estimated dose and dose rates that may be expected within Combined Radiation Environments for Survivability Testing (CREST) preconceptual layout design from reactor/accelerator only operations as well as combined operations
- Collaborate with the CREST system engineering team
What You Need (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelors degree in mechanical or nuclear engineering
- 10 years experience providing nuclear systems design
- neutron radiography, MCNP & radiation shielding calculations/modeling, solidworks design, high vacuum systems, reactor operations, reactor fuel and radioactive waste lifecycles, and/or analysis of modular reactor concepts.
- Experience in a DOE nuclear facility
DOE “Q” clearance or ability to obtain
This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sigma Science prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or veteran status.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Sigma Science