Solution Architect Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Where You Will Work:
Sigma Science is a New Mexico-based, small business that provides comprehensive engineering and technology services to federal and commercial clients. We solve our client's most demanding challenges by hiring best-in-class leaders and employees, and partnering with trusted companies, industry leaders, and universities. Since 1996, we have delivered technical expertise and innovative solutions to complex problems across the national security enterprise, with a focus on the nuclear industry.
The key to our success is our people. Join our dynamic team as we provide industry recognized experts in a wide variety of technical fields including nuclear surety & safety, information technology & cybersecurity, mission assurance, nuclear security & non-proliferation, and environmental management.
As a principal architect, you will be responsible for oversight and development of project documentation, schedules, and resource utilization through coordination with Scrum Master and Product Owner. In this role, you will also be looking at modernization of current .Net applications as well as researching and evaluating other tech stacks.
You will also be providing technical mentorship to junior members of the team along with architectural direction for complex systems. We are looking for someone who has a strong desire to learn new technologies, business processes, to become an expert in their field, and the willingness and confidence to develop advanced concepts, techniques, and standards based on professional principles and theories in developing safety-class, mission-critical software.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Designing and optimizing existing DB designs for custom .Net applications.
- Designing and authoring RESTful and/or SOAP web services.
- Analyze and define business requirements and preparing technical designs.
- Design and develop business solutions and/or integration solutions from the ground up with utilization of design patterns.
- Design, develop, and test integration solutions between custom and various COTS products.
- Contribute to the designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and evaluating of software to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with customers and colleagues.
- Work independently and/or with the Scrum Team on Projects.
- Provide knowledge transfer to technical staff.
WHAT YOU NEED (Minimum Requirements:)
- Professional experience using multiple programming languages and frameworks, such as .NET, MEAN/MERN, or React JS.
- Experience with utilizing Oracle Databases.
- Experience with designing, working, and utilizing relational and non-relational Databases. Experience consuming and authoring RESTful and/or SOAP web services.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing business solutions and integration solutions from the ground up with utilization of design patterns.
- Knowledge of the DevSecOps culture and principles and experience with CI/CD development, and deployment of software in diverse application environments
- Experience with software configuration management and software quality assurance methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices.
- Experience analyzing and defining business requirements and preparing technical designs.
- Q Clearance level or ability to obtain
- Experience supporting, integrating, and extending Cloud applications.
- Experience utilizing AWS or Azure.
- Experience utilizing tools such as Jira, GitLab and/or Confluence.
- This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law.
- Must be US Citizen
Sigma Science, Inc.
AddressLos Alamos, NM
TechnologyView all jobs at Sigma Science, Inc.