- Posted: over a month ago
WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
Sigma Science, Inc. (Sigma) is a New Mexico-based, certified small business that provides comprehensive engineering and technology services to federal and commercial clients. We solve our client's most demanding challenges by hiring best in class leaders and employees, and partnering with trusted companies, industry leaders, and universities. Since 1996, we have delivered technical expertise and innovative solutions to complex problems across the national security enterprise, with a focus on the nuclear industry. The key to our success is our people. Join our dynamic team as we provide industry recognized experts in a wide variety of technical fields including nuclear surety & safety, information technology & cybersecurity, mission assurance, nuclear security & non-proliferation, and environmental management.
The Project Manager shall provide Engineering Support Services to include: Preparing all project requirements for planning and programming documentation for small purchase orders and large acquisition contracts to be submitted to the Secretary of Air Force for approval including floorplans, elevations, requirements documentation, and working group and technical interchange meetings in support of an AFRL program office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Providing cradle to grave project management and secondary oversite of design/construction agent's project(s).
- Preparing project contract requirements documentation including independent Government estimate, project schedule, plans and specifications to be submitted to design and construction agent, lead the planning, and coordination of facility site visits, review meetings, working group, and technical interchange meetings, and other official functions on facility projects.
- Preparing concept floorplans, elevations, etc. using AutoCad, Revit, and other CADD software.
- Organizing and communicating verbally and in writing as required to keep all necessary personnel informed of project status.
- Interfacing with Authorities Having Jurisdiction over construction projects in AFRL to include the Base Civil Engineer's Office and Base Safety to ensure projects are compliant and ready to be awarded and approved.
- Reviewing an estimated 10-12 submittals per year from the construction contractor including comprehensive constructability reviews on initial designs and final construction documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of requirements for DoD Facilities including Material specifications, construction methods, and cost estimating using RS MEANS. Understanding of Air Force Standards for Civil Engineering (AFMAN 32-1084, AFI 32-1021, AFI 32-1032, etc.) material specifications, building codes (i.e. IBC, ADA, Life Safety); refer towww.wbdg.org for further DoD guidance for the Air Force.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: (Minimum Requirements)
- Project Management experience, engineering, and design experience
BS Engineering or Architecture, or related field
- USAF Construction Management experience
- 10+ years' experience
- Active DoD Secret or DOE L clearance or ability to obtain
- Related experience in a government, DOE, or military office.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Understanding of Building Codes, i.e. International Building Code(IBC), National Fire Protection Life Safety Code(NFPA), Americans with Disability Act (ADA),and applicable Life Safety
- MS Office products, AutoCad Software
- Understanding contract construction documents.
Sigma Science, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Sigma Science, Inc.