- Posted: over a month ago
Where You Will Work:
Sigma Science is a New Mexico-based, certified small business that provides comprehensive engineering and technology services to federal and commercial clients. We solve our client's most demanding challenges by hiring best-in-class leaders and employees, and partnering with trusted companies, industry leaders, and universities. Since 1996, we have delivered technical expertise and innovative solutions to complex problems across the national security enterprise, with a focus on the nuclear industry. The key to our success is our people. Join our dynamic team as we provide industry recognized experts in a wide variety of technical fields including nuclear surety & safety, information technology & cybersecurity, mission assurance, nuclear security & non-proliferation, and environmental management.
Sigma is currently looking for a Construction Engineer. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position requires a candidate that can work independently and collaboratively, thrives on exceeding expectations, is highly organized, and is adept in working on multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously.
What You Will Do:
Your role will be in working with NNSA SRS PMO under the direction of the Sigma Science Program Manager. The mission of the PMO is to direct, administer and oversee the management, planning,
technology development, design, construction, testing/commissioning and start-up of the government-owned, capital line item projects at the Savannah River Site (SRS) safely within budget, schedule and quality requirements for the established Performance Baseline. You will assist NNSA PMO, IPT, Federal Project Directors and other NNSA Offices as needed with services to support management, technical and quality requirements necessary for the successful accomplishment of program and project roles, responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities in accomplishing their mission.
In this support role you will:
- Shadow and assess contractor assurance assessments of construction planning and execution activities.
- Conduct assessment and reviews of contractor's design activities for constructability activities including design product inputs and outputs including but not limited to design constructability implementation processes and procedures.
- Conduct or participate in construction management and execution subject matter walk-through activities.
- Perform or support SR PMO self-assessment of construction oversight activities to ensure oversight quality and breadth of coverage.
- Conduct assessments, review and support of contractor construction activities.
- Conduct assessments and reviews of construction activities at SRS.
What You Need (Minimum Requirements)
- Must possess a degree in an Engineering discipline or directly related degree. Degrees in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering are a plus.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working on large complex nuclear construction projects (greater than $100M), with multi-discipline integration.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of International Building Codes, AISC, ASME, NEC, NEPA, and ACI codes and standards.
- Must demonstrate the ability to review, understand, and communicate design calculation results, drawing requirements, and specification requirements for construction efforts.
- Requires U.S. Citizenship
- Demonstrated experience developing construction resource loaded schedules that optimize construction installation sequences is a substantial plus.
- Experience leading constructability assessments or reviews is a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is a substantial plus: Pipe Fabrication, HVAC Installation, Electrical Installation, Welding, Instrumentation and Controls installation.
- Experience at the Savannah River Site is a plus.
- This position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption.
Sigma Science, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Sigma Science, Inc.