Senior Data Integration Developer
Why Choose this Job
This is an ideal role for someone looking for small, collaborative ETL team environment, for someone interested in a long-term role that can lead to a permanent position based on performance, and for someone who cares about supporting communities nationwide in the higher education space.
As the data you will be working with is privileged, and we will help you get the proper clearance to work with it, we are seeking someone who is conscientious in their work. There is opportunity for growth in this role and upward mobility as well as expanding knowledge of various complex applications. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your best practice knowledge.
What You Will Do
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Data Integration Architects in support of various types of Data Warehouse and Data Quality projects.
- Lead development and execution of unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
- Lead testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy.
- Perform complex coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
- Assist in defining and enforcing processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions.
- Present solutions and represents the Data Integration development team in code reviews.
- Represent the Data Integration development team in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
- Oversee and enforce documentation of all code changes.
- Collaborate with Data Integration Architects in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined.
- Develop and refresh code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Collaborate with IT Project Management team to identify and evaluate risks; participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Provide on-call support in support of Data Integration processes in production.
- Lead Data Integration development team in production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches.
What Background You Should Have
- Hands-on experience with several industry leading programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional databases, open systems servers and operating systems
- Hands-on experience with industry leading ETL tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of system behaviors and functionality.
- Hands-on experience designing, building and supporting ETL code for populating dimensional databases.
- Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools.
- Experience developing within an Agile environment.
- Understand concept of DevOps.
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
- Resent hands-on experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field and five plus years of programing experience or the equivalent combination of skills, experience, and certification with experience.
Benefits of working for Sigma:
- Comprehensive healthcare/prescription coverage with substantial company premium contributions
- Dental & Vision Coverage with substantial company premium contributions
- Health Savings Account with substantial company premium contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with traditional and Roth options/immediate vesting with significant match to contributions
- Supplemental short-term disability and life insurance coverage options
- 18 days of PTO per year to start
- 8 paid holidays
- Sponsorship Available
This role is performed in an office with heavy computer work that requires the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing – including frequent talking, hearing, writing, typing, reading, and significant comprehension. The employee frequently is also required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, and reach with arms/hands.
Sigma Resources LLC is an EOE/Veterans/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Military Friendly Employer