Equipment Procurement Manager
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
SIGMA Group is looking for an Equipment Procurement Manager to join our growing team!
As one of the nation’s leading sellers of new and pre-owned manufacturing equipment along with a vast array of MRO spare parts, we are in search of the ideal candidate to lead our sourcing activities as it relates to purchasing pre-owned equipment and MRO parts for SIGMA’s already extensive inventory. You will provide expertise, leadership, and guidance to a newly created SIGMA Group Buying team of account managers tasked with identifying opportunities, providing selling options to our customers, and closing the deal.
This person will work in strong collaboration with our SIGMA Auction and SIGMA Equipment Sales teams to ensure the buying group is focused on filling appropriate inventory needs and auction opportunities. In addition, the manager will ensure account managers are selling the benefits of SIGMA Group services including SIGMA Integration & Shop Services, SIGMA Surplus, SIGMA Appraisals, and SIGMA Recovery.
- Develop procurement strategies to maximize inventory turns, optimize margins and contribute to the growth of SIGMA's Equipment, Auction, and Surplus divisions.
- Provide day to day leadership to a buying team in the acquisition of used equipment and MRO spare parts across a variety of manufacturing industries.
- Participate in senior leadership discussions to review and set organizational strategies, goals and operational direction as it relates to the purchase of equipment and spare parts.
- Develop a deep understanding of SIGMA’s Equipment and SIGMA Surplus product categories and buying strategies to ensure the optimal formula for driving revenue growth.
- Provide structure and leadership to create a disciplined team of buying professionals strategically located throughout the U.S.
- Ensure processes are documented, deliverables are measured and systems of accountability are employed as a standard of operation.
- As necessary, assist account managers with closing large margin purchase and service opportunities.
- Engage with corporate level stakeholders to represent SIGMA Group as opportunities warrant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Proven success in managing sizable teams and business volume.
- Demonstrated leadership of teams - both direct reports and cross business functions.
- Previous buying/selling experience is preferred
- High level of professionalism and leadership decorum
- Highly organized, process oriented with exceptional attention to detail
- Self motivated and disciplined
- High computer proficiency skills (Excel, Word, and other web based applications used in the selling and customer relations process)
- Demonstrated negotiation and closing experience preferred, in a B2B environment is even better
- Strong oral and written communication
Education and Experience:
- College degree required, strong preference for a technical or engineering degree
- In depth understanding of financial reporting and experience in developing and managing departmental budgets
- Travel is required - up to 10% of time traveling to visit clients and supporting regional account managers
About Our Company:
SIGMA Group is a successful, growing company of just under 150 employee-owners based in Evansville, Indiana. SIGMA primarily serves the food, beverage and other consumer goods industries, with a focus of buying and selling new and used production equipment to manufacturers around the globe. Our SIGMA Surplus division is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S.
What We Offer:
As an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company, our culture revolves around innovation, creative solutions and the tenacity to see them through. Our casual offices are filled with passionate people who work hard and play hard. We welcome new ideas and offer opportunities for advancement within all teams!
- Competitive compensation
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive health and wellness plan
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Team-building activities
- ESOP participation and 401(k) savings plan
SIGMA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We value talent and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity.
Sigma EquipmentEvansville, IN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.